The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Excellent footballer. One of the best to ever do it.

He had a bit of a dry spell but has came back on to a run now, probably not many players standing out last month, most teams have been shite. He is probably top scorer so probably deserves it on that alone. 

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just me that is looking forward to tomorrow then?!

It is funny being Morten's bogey team rather than it being the other way around. Ties neatly into the opposites-land situation where both teams are fighting for promotion from the second tier rather than against relegation.

QP getting horsed (again) is also interesting.

Edited by Thumper

6 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Aye I’d say so

Dreading every game with this lot 

I don’t see what there is to dread - a win puts us two points behind 2nd place. There is the complete unknown as to what to expect, but there is as much hope for a win as there is for us to make a mess of it. We are consistently inconsistent, not consistently shit - or good obviously. 

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t see what there is to dread - a win puts us two points behind 2nd place. There is the complete unknown as to what to expect, but there is as much hope for a win as there is for us to make a mess of it. We are consistently inconsistent, not consistently shit - or good obviously. 

Morton haven't beat us in four attempts but all the games have been pretty tight . This one will be no different.  The main question is do we pack 5 into midfield or do we give Dipo a striking partner wither that would be McKenzie or McGuire is another conundrum.  

If we can get 9 points from our three home games , of which Morton will be the hardest and not lose in Maryhill next week then I think second place with its pot of gold should be within our grasp . If we don't win today then second would look far more distant....

29 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

Morton haven't beat us in four attempts but all the games have been pretty tight . This one will be no different.  The main question is do we pack 5 into midfield or do we give Dipo a striking partner wither that would be McKenzie or McGuire is another conundrum.  

If we can get 9 points from our three home games , of which Morton will be the hardest and not lose in Maryhill next week then I think second place with its pot of gold should be within our grasp . If we don't win today then second would look far more distant....

Pitch looks decent going by the VOR tweet, so I would be going Maguire as McAlear just can’t be trusted to perform. Baird will deal fine with the long balls for McKenzie, not so much if we can get Maguire on the ball. 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Baird will deal fine with the long balls for McKenzie, not so much if we can get Maguire on the ball. 

Baird struggles when under pressure, I'd have the ball on the ground against him and Maguire would be the best fit for that and finding passes to Akinyemi or McKenzie, I just hope he's fit enough to make an impact.

The long ball tactic is truly tired out now, surely any Ayr fan and their dug can see that. Ball on the ground and players like Maguire, O'Connor, Akinyemi etc, have the technical skills to make an impact.

Ayr 0 Thistle 1

Ayr 2 Inverness 2

Ayr 0 Kilmarnock 1

Ayr 1 QOS 2

Ayr 2 Arbroath? 3

Wrexham 1 Ayr 1

Last time I saw an Ayr win in person, Alan Johnston scored the winner. I therefore apologise in advance for the inevitable Morton win today.

*edit* The Jonah streak continues. It was Andy McClaren though, not Alan Johnston.

Edited by EvilScotsman

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I stand corrected.

McAlear ahead of Murdoch though. Jings.

Murdoch was comfortably our worst player against Arbroath so can understand him being dropped.

Admittedly McAlear was our second worst but that’s progress for him in his Ayr career so far…