The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

How last night played out only emphasises the fine margins between success and failure in sport generally but our level especially.

We were literally a referee decision not going in our favour or a cross being blocked away from folk melting this forum for not making  the playoffs at all and yet we've got the extreme highs of last night and some big games to look forward to and some people are even saying its the highlight of their time supporting the club.

Its the few highs and frequent lows of watching a club like ours that makes you wanting more. 

There's no need to rip it all up when it doesn't go the way you want it to from game to game. You always get a chance to put things right again, there's always a bigger picture.

Let's go into the playoffs with excitement, positivity and energy, both on and off the pitch.

You just never know what's round the corner. 

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

4:34 for Mullins Goal

5:45 for Musonda’s goal line clearance

6:25 for Carly’s goal 

6:48 for Mark’s goal and McAdams and the rest of the bench jumping for joy

I enjoyed the tears from the Caley fan. "See yous next year!" 🤣

Absolutely worth the 8 hour drive up and back, potential letter from a car photography enthusiast and sitting behind countless camper vans doing 35 up the A9. What a rollercoaster last night was, genuinely the hardest second half I've ever watched. 

The scenes at full time show you just how much it meant to the lads and was a great moment that should live with them for the rest of their lives. Have a feeling we'll be facing Partick in the semis, as Queens Park are surely mentally burst after their game. 

47 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

4:34 for Mullins Goal

5:45 for Musonda’s goal line clearance

6:25 for Carly’s goal 

6:48 for Mark’s goal and McAdams and the rest of the bench jumping for joy

Really feel for Charlie Albinson that we have Akinyemi doing bits this year as any other season in our history he would’ve cleaned up the POTY awards. I’d love to know how many points he’s won us this season with big saves. Must be well into double figures by now. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really feel for Charlie Albinson that we have Akinyemi doing bits this year as any other season in our history he would’ve cleaned up the POTY awards. I’d love to know how many points he’s won us this season with big saves. Must be well into double figures by now. 

Met him on a night out about half way through last season and he seemed so fed up and disheartened I had him down as definitely gone in the summer. To turn it round and put the performances in that he has this season is phenomenal. Obviously a reason he was on Man City’s books.

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

Met him on a night out about half way through last season and he seemed so fed up and disheartened I had him down as definitely gone in the summer. To turn it round and put the performances in that he has this season is phenomenal. Obviously a reason he was on Man City’s books.

God bless David Hopkin for finding us a reliable goalie that isn’t on loan. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

God bless David Hopkin for finding us a reliable goalie that isn’t on loan. 

I’d like to give him credit but I can’t imagine in any universe David Hopkin sniffing around Warrington’s keepers.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Another player signed from the English lower leagues who has become an important player for us, and has come on leaps and bounds this season.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I enjoyed the tears from the Caley fan. "See yous next year!" 🤣

Real vibes of the Forfar fan the highlights picked up a few years back when we won there on the last day.

"f**k off you lot, you're a bunch of fuckin minks"

Edited by AuAl

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Second half of the season in particular he's been our best player. Timmins probably gets overlooked as he came in with Hopkin but seems to know what he's doing regarding coaching keepers.

45 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

We can add "signing Albinson" to the very short list of things Hopkin did that were not total shite.

From his Morton signings you could argue McAdams and McGinty have been a success. Fjortoft and Salkeld were obviously both shite. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

From his Morton signings you could argue McAdams and McGinty have been a success. Fjortoft and Salkeld were obviously both shite. 

Worth noting though that McGinty success did not come under under Hopkin. He was pretty much everything we feared he would be at that point.

He has come on leaps and bounds in the last season and a bit. Absolutely solid yet again last night.