The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Ecrepoint was my go to first signing as a reasonably sized Scottish side on FM21 & 22 (never bought 23) so he's guaranteed to be the solution to your LB issues IMO.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 hours ago, Jazzar said:

Another thought - if we do get to the Preservation League do we delay the development of the North Terrace? Glad I'm not making that decision.   

Surely the whole point in the increased TV money is to make up for the expected drop in walk-up sales.

The novelty value alone would also surely cause average gates to rocket despite capacity going down. The exception would be games that would be expected to sell out but realistically that's 1.5 games for each of the old firm plus possibly the same vs Killie if they stay up, and then the rest dependent on how the season panned out.

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I presume Bangala & Ecrepont will return to the team environment for the play offs as Cove and Stranraer's seasons are both finished? 

Nah, can't re-register them. 

I think before we go signing anyone to play left back, Ecrepont needs to be given at least two of the league cup games to see what he can do. If he impresses then he takes that spot. Hopefully if Reading actually realises his spot is up for grabs he improves as I think part of the issue is him knowing no matter how bad he is he’ll be in the team the next week. Still need a good right back though. There’s absolutely no excuse for not replacing Houston. 

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Bangala to score Ayr's first goal in Scotland's top tier for over four decades.

Glad to have you back Richey, for a wee while there I was convinced you had been replaced by an alien impostor. As there wasn't nearly enough love for Bangala.

Normal service has been resumed and I'm content that you're not an alien.

Carry on.

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Glad to have you back Richey, for a wee while there I was convinced you had been replaced by an alien impostor. As there wasn't nearly enough love for Bangala.

Normal service has been resumed and I'm content that you're not an alien.

Carry on.

I'll get a tattoo of him if he scores just one goal.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

So he did, my mistake. 

I can’t see him being here next season anyway simply due to his lack of game time. 

His new deal did have an extension option but can't imagine it being triggered by either party, unless it was appearance based.

Noticed that he'd uploaded his Ayr United highlights to YouTube in March. Obviously wasn't planning anymore although might need a edit after Friday.

They do make him look good but his lack of G+A means he'd probably not be a big loss in this division.

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

His new deal did have an extension option but can't imagine it being triggered by either party, unless it was appearance based.

Noticed that he'd uploaded his Ayr United highlights to YouTube in March. Obviously wasn't planning anymore although might need a edit after Friday.

They do make him look good but his lack of G+A means he'd probably not be a big loss in this division.

He obviously needs to do more goal scoring wise, but assist wise he is pretty good. Only 13 starts, 12 sub appearances and he has five assists. Another three assists in the Scottish Cup too. 

If he wanted to stay I would be keeping him - i don’t think he offers enough as a starter for a team wanting to challenge due to his lack of goals, but I don’t think you’ll find a better impact sub. 

With O’Connor I can see something in him so wouldn’t be surprised if he left us and do something in this division with a team that plays to his strengths. I think he has the attributes to play in the 10 position I think he’s wasted out wide as he isn’t that quick. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think before we go signing anyone to play left back, Ecrepont needs to be given at least two of the league cup games to see what he can do. If he impresses then he takes that spot. Hopefully if Reading actually realises his spot is up for grabs he improves as I think part of the issue is him knowing no matter how bad he is he’ll be in the team the next week. Still need a good right back though. There’s absolutely no excuse for not replacing Houston. 

One of them may need to leave in the summer. Both are capable but a bit of work to do in nailing down the spot. Would probably take a good run of games to be convinced of them stepping up to be consistent over a season.

Sorting right back out with a quality addition might might mean you could take more of a gamble. Poor management over a number of years has created a problem at left back when it could have been totally different 

43 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He obviously needs to do more goal scoring wise, but assist wise he is pretty good. Only 13 starts, 12 sub appearances and he has five assists. Another three assists in the Scottish Cup too. 

If he wanted to stay I would be keeping him - i don’t think he offers enough as a starter for a team wanting to challenge due to his lack of goals, but I don’t think you’ll find a better impact sub. 

Think he's only got 3 officially in the league but I can his involvement in the other two.

He's got talent and offers versatility but unless we lose Mullin or offload either Ashford or JML I think this summer is a good chance to try and upgrade.

Reckon he'd be a standout in L1 for someone like QoS or Hamilton (if they go down) where he'd get a longer run in the team.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

With O’Connor I can see something in him so wouldn’t be surprised if he left us and do something in this division with a team that plays to his strengths. I think he has the attributes to play in the 10 position I think he’s wasted out wide as he isn’t that quick. 

He's quicker than Maguire. I'd love to see him as a number 10, as he's set up some wonderful goals.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

One of them may need to leave in the summer. Both are capable but a bit of work to do in nailing down the spot. Would probably take a good run of games to be convinced of them stepping up to be consistent over a season.

Sorting right back out with a quality addition might might mean you could take more of a gamble. Poor management over a number of years has created a problem at left back when it could have been totally different 

Most of us were delighted with Reading signing on so I’m not too sure poor management is fair with that one. 

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Think he's only got 3 officially in the league but I can his involvement in the other two.

He's got talent and offers versatility but unless we lose Mullin or offload either Ashford or JML I think this summer is a good chance to try and upgrade.

Reckon he'd be a standout in L1 for someone like QoS or Hamilton (if they go down) where he'd get a longer run in the team.

I’m not entirely sure - just going off of Transfermarkt which is usually pretty reliable!

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Most of us were delighted with Reading signing on so I’m not too sure poor management is fair with that one. 

I’m not entirely sure - just going off of Transfermarkt which is usually pretty reliable!

A couple of years ago they were the  Scotland u21 and u17 left backs. Would it have been a big ask for a least one of them to develop a good career through playing for us? Reading had a decent few seasons but has went off the boil badly. Part of the reason for that could he is never dropped and then needs to fight for his place back. On the other hand we know little about Ecrepont as he hasn't really been given a decent run of games and sat on the bench instead of being loaned out. 

If you think that is decent management then fair enough. Perhaps Harvie is a one off but don't think we would have reached this position with better management over the past 4 incumbents 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

A couple of years ago they were the  Scotland u21 and u17 left backs. Would it have been a big ask for a least one of them to develop a good career through playing for us? Reading had a decent few seasons but has went off the boil badly. Part of the reason for that could he is never dropped and then needs to fight for his place back. On the other hand we know little about Ecrepont as he hasn't really been given a decent run of games and sat on the bench instead of being loaned out. 

If you think that is decent management then fair enough. Perhaps Harvie is a one off but don't think we would have reached this position with better management over the past 4 incumbents 

Ecrepont should have been given more opportunities before now tbh. He's been one of our most highly-rated young players for a few seasons now, though has not had much of a chance in the team.

Reading has been disappointing this season but I think a bit of the David Dunn Syndrome has occurred in that he's not going to get dropped because who else is there to play left back? Where's the motivation and drive to improve and play well going to come from if there is no one who will take his spot in the team if he doesn't play well?

random fact from pilling up stats Musonda has never been booked this entire season, every other player who has played a significant amount of games in  Defence (exception being Hewitt) have all at the very least picked up 1 Yellow this season

Edited by muZZa__44

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

random fact from pilling up stats Musonda has never been booked this entire season, every other player who has played a significant amount of games in  Defence (exception being Hewitt) have all at the very least picked up 1 Yellow this season

I had to look that up. Then I noticed that he never got booked last season either! That's incredibly rare for a centre back. He's so classy.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I had to look that up. Then I noticed that he never got booked last season either! That's incredibly rare for a centre back. He's so classy.

the only other players who have not been booked that have played over 5 games are Hewitt and McAdams everyone else has been booked