The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Nelson said:

That’s a bizarre comment.  McGinty played fine.  The problem defensively was the 2 full backs who were predictably blown away by Tiffoney and Lawless.  That’s where all 3 goals came from.  Puzzled as to why we didn’t start McCallister if I’m honest.  

I think we all knew we were screwed when the news came through that Dipo was out - suspect the players thought the same.

Did you watch the game? McGinty was piss.

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Like I say, bizarre.. Anyone could see the problem was the full backs.  Hewitt was like Bambi on ice, and I’ve given up trying to defend Reading.  If you could keep allowing crosses across the face of the goal, you’ll concede whoever is playing centre back.

Bullen will be here next season, as will the fucking full backs. It might get changed by Christmas. I'm not optimistic.

Anyone who doubted that the squad is utter relegation fodder without its good player should have had that beaten out of them tonight.

Long balls to Maguire. By Christ.

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That’s a bizarre comment.  McGinty played fine.  The problem defensively was the 2 full backs who were predictably blown away by Tiffoney and Lawless.  That’s where all 3 goals came from.  Puzzled as to why we didn’t start McCallister if I’m honest.  

I think we all knew we were screwed when the news came through that Dipo was out - suspect the players thought the same.

I am the official Sean McGinty boo boy and he was fine. That sliding tackle in the box after Reading had predictably completely fucked it yet again was masterful.

Maguire just infuriates me to no end clearly has the brain but his body is fucked and he shouldn't be starting would rather have went with Ashford or Bryden and have them play alongside McKenzie who should have really never been left essentially up top by himself, our fullbacks as usual were dross and Partick knew that, need to play 3-5-2 cause our midfield gets overrunned when it's only 2 and we need 2 up top at all times 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I am the official Sean McGinty boo boy and he was fine. That sliding tackle in the box after Reading had predictably completely fucked it yet again was masterful.

He was one of the few who kept going, long after some others had thrown the towel in.  McGinty is what he is - an honest big lump who wins header and makes tackles.  The idea that he was the problem tonight is a little deranged.  I hate to beat up on young players, but Hewitt is out his depth and we’re at the absolute end of the line with Reading.  

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Like I say, bizarre.. Anyone could see the problem was the full backs.  Hewitt was like Bambi on ice, and I’ve given up trying to defend Reading.  If you could keep allowing crosses across the face of the goal, you’ll concede whoever is playing centre back.

Hewitt shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Reading has been poor all season. After his recent form and doing decent towards the latter half of the season, I'm more let down by McGinty. Positioning was awful. Though, as you said, having to cover for a failing full back doesn't help.

Center backs will always get exposed when the full backs are so bad,how the hell Hewitt gets a game is baffling ,as for Reading he has been the worst player all season,McGinty was not the worst player tonight, as for Mckenzie think he gets a easy ride on here because "he is one of our own"scary he has got a 2 year deal.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

He was one of the few who kept going, long after some others had thrown the towel in.  McGinty is what he is - an honest big lump who wins header and makes tackles.  The idea that he was the problem tonight is a little deranged.  I hate to beat up on young players, but Hewitt is out his depth and we’re at the absolute end of the line with Reading.  

He's the only player other than Musonda and Albinson who was anywhere near it. Maybe O'Connor, but he needs someone to put it to and there was utterly nothing there for him.

11 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

If you think McGinty was the problem then you must have been watching a different game.

I had Musonda taking Graham as he did in the previous game and we were lucky he only scored two so why you are picking on McGinty I have no idea.

We’d have had a better chance if Reading and Hewitt had stayed in the changing room and we’d played the game with 9 men. Watch McAllister’s pathetic efforts for the third goal too. Marking the space between Musonda and JML that was occupied by no-one and trying to get JML to move out to take on the wide man who crossed for Graham to tap the ball home when that had to be his job. Murdoch as usual posted missing allowing the Thistle midfielder to stroll across the edge of our box before rolling the wide to then be delivered into Graham’s path for a tap in.

But you keep blaming McGinty. 

I thought McGinty was fine. He handled Tiffiney excellently and didn't get beat on a one on one once. 

We'll score in the second leg, so I reckon it'll be over by half time. 

I liked the boy McAllister when he came on. Fitzpatrick didn't have much of a sniff after that.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

I thought McGinty was fine. He handled Tiffiney excellently and didn't get beat on a one on one once. 

We'll score in the second leg, so I reckon it'll be over by half time. 

I liked the boy McAllister when he came on. Fitzpatrick didn't have much of a sniff after that.

Don’t know why he didn’t start, he’s been the best in that position for 90% of the season.  Games done though. Kinda hope you stick 6/7 past us at home just purely to either a) get Bullen gone- he has no tactical awareness and can’t change things when needed or b) make the chairman invest more into the squad by making him see how big the gap actually has become the second half of the season especially since we will lose our only threat in dipo