The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

A must win game and we didn’t try and get out first gear, at half time Bullen try’s to solidify things and we lose by more. That sums him and this team up. 

4 up Front and somehow play like we have one.

Thankfully Mullen and McAlear aren’t our players past the final whistle tonight. Two Zanatta type frauds.

Absolute shitshow shambles that needs a major inquest with people held accountable. 

Feels that the Inverness result and the fact we squeaked second on the final day created a sense of a job well done.

Subconsciously or otherwise it seems like we never really believed we had a chance in the play offs and played as such. 

Whether the rumours about Bullen departing are true or not, an 8-0 aggregate pumping already puts him on the backfoot with a large section of the support. That's not going to be an easy situation to be in.

Just now, super_carson said:

Feels that the Inverness result and the fact we squeaked second on the final day created a sense of a job well done.

Subconsciously or otherwise it seems like we never really believed we had a chance in the play offs and played as such. 

Whether the rumours about Bullen departing are true or not, an 8-0 aggregate pumping already puts him on the backfoot with a large section of the support. That's not going to be an easy situation to be in.

sounds like he's staying going by that interview

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A must win game and we didn’t try and get out first gear, at half time Bullen try’s to solidify things and we lose by more. That sums him and this team up. 

4 up Front and somehow play like we have one.

Thankfully Mullen and McAlear aren’t our players past the final whistle tonight. Two Zanatta type frauds.

Absolute shitshow shambles that needs a major inquest with people held accountable. 

Mullin? 

4 minutes ago, Peil said:

These last two games, it's genuinely felt like I was watching a Campbell Money team heading for relegation, not a playoff for promotion

That is the team that's most similar to the current one - one sellable striker and not a lot else worth writing home about. This year's group at least managed to avoid being comprehensively overmatched until the last week or so.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I can't wait to hear Callum slaughtering the english language to come up with a positive sounding question in the post match interview.

“Great crowd… passion… great season”

Something like that.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I can't wait to hear Callum slaughtering the english language to come up with a positive sounding question in the post match interview.

Wonder how many seconds it'll take for the red card to get a mention, it'll probably make-up the whole interview.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

"Well, it's been a great season, not the end we would have hoped for but thank you Lee for what has overall been a great year"

^Get your money on it now.

Obviously it didn’t eventually matter a jot the way things transpired, but why if you win the toss would you choose to play with your goalkeeper having the sun in his eyes in the first half?

Genuinely can’t make sense of this season.  Finishing 2nd is by any standard a serious achievement for an Ayr team, so why do I feel so pissed off with this team?  I guess there have been just too many nights like tonight.  Bullen seems like a good guy and he’s looked a bit broken after the last 2 games, but he just doesn’t seem to be able to set up a team when it really matters.  

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bullen isn’t in the top 10 worst Ayr managers. 

He’s nowhere near the top 10 best either.

David Hopkin made me hate Ayr United.

Folk are rightly seething after an 8-0, which is unforgivable, but I can think of several teams that had many more shitebags in them than the current one.

There’s other massive failings and the football is often dire to watch but I don’t actively dislike them like I have with some other sides.