The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Out of O'Connor, JML and Ashford, O'Connor would be the one I would rather keep.  However I think he will be away.  Make or break for JML this season.

Think we should keep Ashford of the 3.  Probably get £300,000 for him in January if it looks like a mid table season.  

Ashford is at best a decent utility player off the bench and will run about and try and come back to defend, JML I want to like but similarly I feel is best used as an impact sub, O’Connor I wish to be great but I think he’s just not good enough at championship level but I feel doesn’t get as many chances in the starting line up in comparison to an JML or Ashford

58 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think two of the three could be away. 

Nah can't see it, one could potentially go with a left winger and right winger coming in as starters. The two who remain can be back up to them. 

56 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd rather we got rid of at least 2 of the 3 and added 1 quality player in their place.

If we got rid of all 3 that would literally leave us with no wingers. I don't rate any of them but that's a mental shout. 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nah can't see it, one could potentially go with a left winger and right winger coming in as starters. The two who remain can be back up to them. 

If we got rid of all 3 that would literally leave us with no wingers. I don't rate any of them but that's a mental shout. 

It's only mental if you plan on playing with any.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's only mental if you plan on playing with any.  

Totally agree what's the point of keeping player's because of their certain position when they're not good enough. The difference in our side last year when we had quality width in Chalmers and Mullin was night and day compared with any mixture of O'Connor, JML or Ashford. 

We also can't be getting kidded with ineffectual forwards because THEY WORK HARD, professional football is a tough world and you have to make really tough decisions.......our wide players aren't top end championship level or good enough I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bullyball without wingers would be even grimmer than it was this season. 

He obviously wanted a 5 at the back but couldn't find the right blend.  Maybe removing the pesky wingers will see a 532

If Tumilty is signed then you could possibly see us try a 5-3-2/3-4-1-2 formation. 

I’m never a fan of it as the most challenging position is the centre backs. Most can’t deal with the change in positioning and the wider centre halves have to be better at dealing with getting dragged wider. 

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Tumilty is signed then you could possibly see us try a 5-3-2/3-4-1-2 formation. 

I’m never a fan of it as the most challenging position is the centre backs. Most can’t deal with the change in positioning and the wider centre halves have to be better at dealing with getting dragged wider. 

McGinty would get crucified as we well know. He's great as a siege type but horrific when someone is running at him.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

McGinty would get crucified as we well know. He's great as a siege type but horrific when someone is running at him.

Yeah you’d have to play him in the middle of the back 3 and then Musonda and Stanger either side of him. Would probably need another option at centre back as well. 

1 hour ago, wullieaufc said:

Reghan Tumilty left Accies, would hope the club are at least considering him

Signed an 18 month with Accies back in January but suspected there would be a relegation clause in it

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Out of O'Connor, JML and Ashford, O'Connor would be the one I would rather keep.  However I think he will be away.  Make or break for JML this season.

JML 💩

Punted please wouldn't get a game at Lugar Boswell Thistle.

Sorry LBT but I can't say Auchinleck Talbot as I don't want to be disrespectful to the guy.