The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

It's not going to matter anyway when the club put on chauffered limos from fans' front door to the entrance gate as a make-good for this obscene inconvenience. 

I'm booked up on Ayr Force One.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Shifting home games to Cumnock is still ridiculous by the way. It's nearly five miles further away than Rugby Park is.

For (what's essentially) a one game pre season friendly against a team in league two, it doesn't really matter.  

If we were moving serious games to a village without a train station I'd be more bothered.  

Ultimately it's the same result either way, I'll be doing something else.  

1 hour ago, Rodders1910 said:

Will the new North terrace still include a section for the away support? Or will the seggy fence get moved down to the corner between railway end and north terrace? 

Don't think there is a fence, I'm sure they said they would do it with stewards if required

2 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:

Will the new North terrace still include a section for the away support? Or will the seggy fence get moved down to the corner between railway end and north terrace? 

I think the fly through and stilL images showed some kind of seggie fence.  Might indeed be one at the middle and one at the corner

IMG_5454.jpeg

IMG_5454.jpeg

26 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I think the fly through and stilL images showed some kind of seggie fence.  Might indeed be one at the middle and one at the corner

image.png.5da0b571db30e7f3b4c16f2a07a26d5d.png

There's nothing to segregate. The entire north west embankment is being built over.

image.png.64c4fa51deceb95277db3143aeb5fd64.png

Doubt there will be much more than a bored steward in there, unless the railway end suddenly all think they're Partick ultras.

Edited by Thumper

It would be nice if we got the whole of the North Terracing (North Stand will probably be the name going forward) and just gave away fans behind the goal and the corner of the main stand. Not sure if that would happen but it would certainly help with the losing the toss nonsense not having quite a bad effect. 

If it stays similar to now i'd be surprised if the fence will remain as it'll look pretty ugly on a shiny new stand, most grounds now have those big covers that effectively segregate home/away like Tynecastle below as an example. Benefit of doing that i suppose means it could be removed to give us all of North Terracing if it's a smaller away crowd. Then if you're getting likes of an Arbroath with about 50 fans you could just shove them in the main stand corner and Ayr fans would be able to roam from SRE right round North Terracing to Railway End if suitable. 

Stupid segregation at Scottish football games - Scottish Premiership  General Chatter - Pie & Bovril

I can see no reason at all why we should be giving Away fans access to the new Stand and in fact it just provides our own club with a headache over access and stewarding etc.

Surely it would be much easier to just give them the Railway end and a quarter of the Main Stand as that would be more than sufficient for all the away supports in the Championship.

If we were to get promoted, then half of the Main stand or even ALL of the Main Stand could be provided, similar to how Thistle work it, although we'd maybe have to add a few more seats to our new stand if that was to be the case.

Can someone confirm how many seats are being proposed for the new Stand ?

Something in the back of my mind says there were around 700 seats planned which is maybe a couple of hundred short of what we'd require if giving away the whole of the Main Stand in the future ??

Ayrshire Post saying one of our pre season friendlies is "likely" to take place at Dam Park. Would love that, really enjoyed watching the Moffs game there on Saturday. Cracking stand with no pillars in the way, and plenty of space elsewhere. Hopefully it happens and it aint just paper talk