The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I liked Tiffoney in the beginning, don't get me wrong, came through the academy and was wished the best as you'd do with most young players. However, he became quite arrogant if I recall. Started believing he was better than he was. 

I liked him as a player until I had the misfortune of interacting with him a few times. Guy is a fucking idiot.

Edited by Richey Edwards

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah, I can imagine the atmosphere would be tamer compared to here. My friend used to coach youngsters over in America and he said they are heavily into making football family friendly and accessible. Was the food good? I take it they had no pies and bovril.

Food was decent enough, just the standard stuff hot dogs, burger sliders etc. 

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would like to think something will be happening this week in terms of new players coming in.  Although I think any English bases players contracts run to end of June as per last year.

I doubt it, most Scottish based players will still be on holiday this week as well. 

I thought we'd maybe have heard about offers / interest in Dipo as the media speculation around this time is usually in overdrive ?

I think we're all pretty certain he'll be going (assuming we receive an acceptable offer), however would be better sooner rather than later as would give us the cash to hopefully add a bit to our budget (again assuming the offer is right and Smith is willing to put some back in to playing side).

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I thought we'd maybe have heard about offers / interest in Dipo as the media speculation around this time is usually in overdrive ?

I think we're all pretty certain he'll be going (assuming we receive an acceptable offer), however would be better sooner rather than later as would give us the cash to hopefully add a bit to our budget (again assuming the offer is right and Smith is willing to put some back in to playing side).

There had been nothing as of last week.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Would like to think something will be happening this week in terms of new players coming in.  Although I think any English bases players contracts run to end of June as per last year.

Can they not be signed though before contract expires ? 

21 minutes ago, United1973 said:

We’ve not even managed to announce O’Connors extension or Moffat leaving the club to Glenafton and whether he’s staying on as a coach so a pre contract announcement would never happen. 

21 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Probably only able to sign a pre contract until the window officially opens on Wednesday.

Imagine that may be the date that international clearance starts to be processed from and then players cross border can join anytime.

What happens if no offer comes in for Dipo? - his family are away back down south, we end up with a player who is desperate to leave and doesn't want to be here.
We have a wage tied up and that makes it difficult to bring in a replacement.

29 minutes ago, Peil said:

What happens if no offer comes in for Dipo? - his family are away back down south, we end up with a player who is desperate to leave and doesn't want to be here.

Just because his family are back down south doesn’t mean his attitude and desire to score goals will disappear. If he throws a strop about not wanting to be here and has a poor season he won’t get his big pay day down south. He still has a job to do. 

16 minutes ago, Iain said:

But what if he gets really lonely and starts eating pizzas all the time and ends up 16 stone?

Might morph into Christian Nade..

You've got a prized asset there and I'm sure there will be admirers lined up who will be willing to pay a competitive fee. Ayr's 2022/23 Championship and cup winnings were impressive at over £700k. Should be in a strong position to recruit if/when he leaves.

1 hour ago, Peil said:

I’ve heard that a deal is done and it’s a club record. 
If it’s not done, he either downs tools, phones in the next 6 months and then returns to square one or he maintains where he is at, looking  for a contract at a lower level than he is capable of but full time.

The worst case scenario is the club get the same player next year but no money when he leaves. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’ve heard that a deal is done and it’s a club record. 
If it’s not done, he either downs tools, phones in the next 6 months and then returns to square one or he maintains where he is at, looking  for a contract at a lower level than he is capable of but full time.

The worst case scenario is the club get the same player next year but no money when he leaves. 

Club record is £400,000!