The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Even worse when it's infamously tedious stattos who wander into random threads to dispense their wisdom.

walkout-backing-out.gif.4434b868435606e093655b9692d3c817.gif

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/ayr_united/5328172.stm

It gets tiring when folk chip in when the could just google

Uh huh. Neither of these links contradict what I said. Nor do they suggest Cameron "allowed him to move without negotiating". Conway didnt need permission to sign for Dundee United.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nor does that one.

What was the difference between the Tiffoney and Conway situation?  Ayr were able to retain Tiffoney’s registration until he was 23 and effectively put him out of professional football.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

What was the difference between the Tiffoney and Conway situation?  Ayr were able to retain Tiffoney’s registration until he was 23 and effectively put him out of professional football.

Same as Mark Shankland.

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Ayr were not able to retain Tiffoney's registration. Ultimately Tiffoney could have signed for anyone he wanted, he was a free agent. The issue was that upon signing for someone else (as a professional) Ayr would become entitled to compensation so any club wanting to sign him had to either agree a deal with Ayr or take their chances on a tribunal and nobody wanted to pay what Ayr were asking or take the risk of a Tribunal forcing them to do so it effectively froze him out of the professional game until he was old enough for it not to apply. Scott Fox was the same back in the day. Played for us as an amateur because Celtic were demanding too much to register him professionally. He didn't turn pro again until after he turned 23.

Ayr weren't actually stopping him signing for anyone else, they couldn't do that. They were demanding so much in compensation nobody else would do so though. There's actually no difference at all between Conway and Tiffoney's situations except that Conway found a club who were prepared to take on that Tribunal battle in Dundee United. Presumably either United thought he was worth the potential cost or the cost was a lot lower than Tiffoney would have been (I've no idea how long either had been at Ayr). Cameron didn't "let" Conway sign for Dundee United, he simply did so because he was no longer Ayr's player and they couldn't prevent it and United were willing to deal with the consequences.

I’d have to side with SD on this one. You cannot hold a player against his will when his contract is up. They are more than free to sign for whoever as long they are willing to pay a fee. Dundee Utd went to a tribunal but in the meantime Conway was free to join the club and be registered. 

I’m sure the same thing occurred with Kevin Nisbet when he moved to Dunfermline as there was some sort of clause in his Raith contract that allowed him to move should they not gain promotion. The club still believed they were due a fee which Dunfermline contested so it went to a tribunal. Think they ruled in Dunfermlines favour and Raith got nothing. 

Tiffoney was more than able to go to Dundee at the time but we wouldn’t lower our demand and Dundee clearly didn’t want to go to a tribunal so he stayed where he was. It’s why he sounds like a complete idiot when he says we destroyed his career when no one was willing to pay the money to buy him. 

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ayr were not able to retain Tiffoney's registration. Ultimately Tiffoney could have signed for anyone he wanted, he was a free agent. The issue was that upon signing for someone else (as a professional) Ayr would become entitled to compensation so any club wanting to sign him had to either agree a deal with Ayr or take their chances on a tribunal and nobody wanted to pay what Ayr were asking or take the risk of a Tribunal forcing them to do so it effectively froze him out of the professional game until he was old enough for it not to apply. Scott Fox was the same back in the day. Played for us as an amateur because Celtic were demanding too much to register him professionally. He didn't turn pro again until after he turned 23.

Ayr weren't actually stopping him signing for anyone else, they couldn't do that. They were demanding so much in compensation nobody else would do so though. There's actually no difference at all between Conway and Tiffoney's situations except that Conway found a club who were prepared to take on that Tribunal battle in Dundee United. Presumably either United thought he was worth the potential cost or the cost was a lot lower than Tiffoney would have been (I've no idea how long either had been at Ayr). Cameron didn't "let" Conway sign for Dundee United, he simply did so because he was no longer Ayr's player and they couldn't prevent it and United were willing to deal with the consequences.

Ayr let Conway go to help him progress, Dundee United then stuck two fingers up at Ayr and said they wouldn't pay. Ayr then had to take them to a tribunal, which Dundee United dragged out and had at least one delay, I think there was more, before the tribunal decided a fee. If I recall correctly, Ayr got £75k for him, a fee Dundee United would have been unlikely to pay. 

Ayr did not let Tiffoney go, they held on to his registration because they had there fingers burned by the Dundee United. Dundee, when forced in to a situation where they would need to pay a fee, pulled out the deal leading Tiffoney to take Ayr to court, at least twice, and lost both times.

So Cameron, after the Conway situation did not let Dundee take Tiffoney without a clear intent to gain the proper valuation of the player. 

So what I said was right, unfortunately you can't help yourself stalking threads looking for something to involve yourself in. 

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cameron didn't "let" Conway sign for Dundee United, he simply did so because he was no longer Ayr's player and they couldn't prevent it and United were willing to deal with the consequences.

If I recall, Conway signed for Dundee United when Craig Brewster was manager. Conway almost single handedly won Dundee United a cup final, so was definitely worth whatever money they paid, went on to get capped by Scotland.

There was an objection by the Dundee United chairman after a fee had already been agreed, I believe, or something along those lines.

It's very confusing tbh. However, I'll keep my best memories of Dundee United by their 0-5 humping at Tannadice by a Shankland powered Super Ayr 👍

Edited by Roxanne's man
Fee not few

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Would you people rather have a ridiculously oversized arm or a ridiculously oversized leg?

Is this a clue leading to a signing? 

FWIW, I’d take the oversized arm. Be running about like Hellboy. 

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr let Conway go to help him progress, Dundee United then stuck two fingers up at Ayr and said they wouldn't pay. Ayr then had to take them to a tribunal, which Dundee United dragged out and had at least one delay, I think there was more, before the tribunal decided a fee. If I recall correctly, Ayr got £75k for him, a fee Dundee United would have been unlikely to pay. 

Ayr did not let Tiffoney go, they held on to his registration because they had there fingers burned by the Dundee United. Dundee, when forced in to a situation where they would need to pay a fee, pulled out the deal leading Tiffoney to take Ayr to court, at least twice, and lost both times.

So Cameron, after the Conway situation did not let Dundee take Tiffoney without a clear intent to gain the proper valuation of the player. 

So what I said was right, unfortunately you can't help yourself stalking threads looking for something to involve yourself in. 

Think that’s been debunked.