The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

2019-20 was a freak season and it didn't involve any sort of rebuild at all. It and the following season saw the squad completely emptied of talent to be replaced with absolutely nobody of note. Certainly not any sort of thing to emulate.

It's surely still a rebuild?

Regardless of the eventual success of who was brought in.

For a club like us to lose this level of talent for free and more importantly at the same time, was always going to hurt us.

Thankfully it looks unlikely to ever be allowed to happen again.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

It's surely still a rebuild?

Only in the sense that there is an onus on clubs to provide eleven fit players on a Saturday afternoon. Four players brought in on short contracts, three of whom fucked off the minute the season was prematurely ended.

The rebuild didn't happen until Hopkin raided Morten two years later. At least some of those players were a) worth a wage and b) still kicking around. It was still pretty gubbins, as indicated by the subsequent league positions.

1 hour ago, United1973 said:

Raith  signing another player but its no rush ayr 

In fairness we're probably doing lots of stuff behind the scenes and in fact may even be in negotiations with guys right now.

I think it's more just boredom from lots of us here where we're hoping to hear a rumour or two but are hearing nothing (which ironically is actually a really good thing from the clubs perspective).

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What position is he? Just so I can add him onto my squad list. 

Cm (I think).  Looked to be playing there against Elgin. 

Edited by itzdrk

1 minute ago, mugen_power said:

See I'd be on Twitter with the imminent GIF for youngsters signing pro, mostly to wind up everycunt on here :lol:

Mind they did it with Bryden who had played in the previous 4 or 5 games :lol:

Don’t know if this has already been answered. Is this drought going to affect the re-seeding of the pitch. That would need copious amounts of water you would think. No hosepipe bans yet but could be imminent, to coin a phrase. Can companies apply for special dispensations?

5 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Don’t know if this has already been answered. Is this drought going to affect the re-seeding of the pitch. That would need copious amounts of water you would think. No hosepipe bans yet but could be imminent, to coin a phrase. Can companies apply for special dispensations?

Hub open, send anyone needing a pish on the pitch. 

#Weeareunited

Edited by itzdrk