The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Straight red so usually that's the next two games in any competition.

Correct. It's the first two competitive matches of the season i.e. Stirling and Stenhousemuir.

Stanger is suspended for the Morton game.

los47-spfl-shfl-slfl-01-jun-2023.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)

Edited by RedEd

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Can anyone clarify if the new pitch is new turf ,I know the pitch has been reseeded but can’t see how that will be ready in a few weeks. To play on for a full season?

Think it’s an outside company that’s doing it so it won’t be just chucking seeds down and waiting on nature.

From the pictures that have been posted, it was ripped up the Monday after the play-offs and seeded, there looked a pretty good coverage at the open day and it’s not due to be used for another 3 weeks.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s a shame we don’t play Thistle before the window closes. 

If we had them at the end of August I could see Dipo twatting Muirhead before he disappeared over the sunset 

Violent conduct ban carry to other leagues so can’t see him doing that unfortunately 

Edited by ryanayr1987

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

McAllister Stanger McGinty Ecrepont

Murdoch Pendlebury Dempsey

Ashford Amartey Murphy

I’d be going with Fraser in the middle and Amartey on the right . But it’s a bounce game really , probably change about 10 at half time ..

I'd just be playing who needs minutes most in the first friendly, St Mirren are playing tonight so doubt it'll be their first team anyway. 

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Can anyone clarify if the new pitch is new turf ,I know the pitch has been reseeded but can’t see how that will be ready in a few weeks. To play on for a full season?

This was it yesterday getting its second cut already so seems well on course to be ready on time, combination of warm dry weather when re-seeding was done and then the spell or rain will have helped growth

May be an image of 1 person and grass

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I don't really see how either Strapp or Smith is pie in the sky stuff tbh. Liam Smith released by the worst team in the premiership last year so surely it'll be a championship club he signs for. Strapp released by Morton, given he's a proven championship player I could see a Livi or Killie level club take a punt on him however no guarantees. Given he's still a free agent I'd imagine that hasn't happened. 

Srrapp was a cornerstone of a team punching well above their weight. Morton would have been a popular destination for scouts last season. Last i heard there were several teams down south keen on him. Can't see many teams at our level being in the running unless his falling out with Imrie involved some bad stuff  

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

This was it yesterday getting its second cut already so seems well on course to be ready on time, combination of warm dry weather when re-seeding was done and then the spell or rain will have helped growth

May be an image of 1 person and grass

Looks like an absolute carpet 

28 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

So it’s a reseeded job, not returfed looks great on the eye, but will it stand up to the vigours of a full football season, outside professional company so I suppose it should be fine

Done by a well known company that have been doing grass work at all the top premiership clubs in Scotland this year so they're no Mickey Mouse company