The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Amazed Dipo is playing 

Yip. I'm surprised that any transfer isn't near the end stages. Reading between the lines i thought there was concrete interest unless something has changed along the way. 

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Yip. I'm surprised that any transfer isn't near the end stages. Reading between the lines i thought there was concrete interest unless something has changed along the way. 

If we're only being offered around £150k Tops from everyone then perhaps the club have just decided that he's staying and unless that situation changes then we need to plan ahead with him as part of our side.

Ultimately the player is ours, we don't need to sell him and he's our best player and top scorer so unless we receive a bid which makes it worth our while, then there's really no way at all we should be thinking of him leaving, irrespective of how much that may or may not please the player as when all is said and done he was happy to sign the 2 year deal this time last year.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If we're only being offered around £150k Tops from everyone then perhaps the club have just decided that he's staying and unless that situation changes then we need to plan ahead with him as part of our side.

Ultimately the player is ours, we don't need to sell him and he's our best player and top scorer so unless we receive a bid which makes it worth our while, then there's really no way at all we should be thinking of him leaving, irrespective of how much that may or may not please the player as when all is said and done he was happy to sign the 2 year deal this time last year.

Feel free to add Dipos salary for the season onto the 150k and see if it brings any nuance into your thinking. 

13 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Feel free to add Dipos salary for the season onto the 150k and see if it brings any nuance into your thinking. 

That's still not even reaching 200k

13 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I have and it doesn't.......

14 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

If £150k is all that's on the table...I'd be tempted to take it but add a healthy sell on clause...say in region of 20-25%

4 minutes ago, Bruadair said:

If £150k is all that's on the table...I'd be tempted to take it but add a healthy sell on clause...say in region of 20-25%

If the Championship top scorer and player of the year who's got lots of other attributes plus a full year remaining on his contract is only "worth" £150k, then I'm afraid that make a complete mockery of our business model and sends out the most terrible signals, not just for ourselves but for the Scottish Championship in general.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If the Championship top scorer and player of the year who's got lots of other attributes plus a full year remaining on his contract is only "worth" £150k, then I'm afraid that make a complete mockery of our business model and sends out the most terrible signals, not just for ourselves but for the Scottish Championship in general.

He can sign for someone in 6 months on a pre contract and we get the square root of hee haw for him.

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He can sign for someone in 6 months on a pre contract and we get the square root of hee haw for him.

Yes, but we get to watch him for another full year as fans and as a club he could be the difference between 8th and 4th which would be around £150k in prize money.

As an example, we could sell him for £150k but then sign Danny Mullen and another "promising" striker as his replacements.  Realistically that's £100k on wages for your 2 new guys and is it likely that either will perform to the level of Dipo ??

I'd say he's a once in a decade find and to let him go for £150k (especially when goalscorers are so scarce) would be nothing short of lunacy.

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I'd imagine the (potential) financial rewards of him staying vastly outweigh the offers that have been received and letting him leave for free is the sounder move financially until that number is reached.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

I'd imagine the (potential) financial rewards of him staying vastly outweigh the offers that have been received and letting him leave for free is the sounder move financially until that number is reached.  

100%