The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Who came up with the idea of giving him the role of announcer?

The club need one as the last one has moved on due to work , do t believe many people applied 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

He is the very epitome of tinpot. He was relevant about a decade ago. 

As long as he's capable of reading out a team sheet etc then who cares who's the announcer ?

Just now, WATTOO said:

As long as he's capable of reading out a team sheet etc then who cares who's the announcer ?

Given the way he stormed off in the huff last time when he was doing work for the club I'm genuinely surprised he would make it onto a shortlist for a post. McCall banned him from the dressing room (he had no business being in it - just shows how tinpot the club was as a whole with Roberts in charge) and he lost it. Starting a one man boycott of all things Ayr United. He then slinked back in on his belly when Smith took over. He's welcome on the terraces but shouldn't be given a profile by the club imo. He's an egomaniac that doesn't add to the matchday experience.

14 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The club need one as the last one has moved on due to work , do t believe many people applied 

Probably because the club build up a bunch of backup announcers and as soon as successful businessman took over all were not even contacted to be advised they were no longer required.  

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Could this be our best signing of the summer so far. If he gets a few tunes sorted it could prove a useful revenue stream 

L3VC.gif

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I liked the last guy ..I'm sure he's been doing it for years .

I'd rather Jan from the shop and her dodgy microphone doing it

Didn’t mind boaby pies doing the announcer thing tbh and I’m not sure we should be getting hung up on that. As Finlay21 said no one else threw their hat in the ring. If you’re no happy with him give it a whirl yerself.

Edited by malkyshotton

If he's busy being the stadium announcer with an actual role then he won't have the time / won't be available to stroll out to sing songs before games start. 

May be a blessing in disguise.

Or he'll just sing his stupid wee songs over the tannoy, in which case, we riot.

Edited by AuAl

f**k sake Ayr, gonnae just sign some players so we don't spend our days getting wound up at the prospect of Somerset fucking Boab.

Getting quite excited for the start of the season. 

His songs are cringe as f**k, he’s an arrogant b*****d and I will continue to hate him. But as long as he has a loud voice and doesn’t start cracking unfunny jokes then he is fine as an announcer as it’s better than no one.