The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Not aware of any changes to legislation - that's not to say it hasn't happened though. It would difficult to police and right pain for employers to administer.

Perhaps more a good practice thing than law then.  Recruitment more of a hot potato these days since the rapid growth of the diversity industry and this company were ultra cautious 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm still not getting the resentment to not hearing about team news. If the club are trying to give away diddily dick to prevent even a tiny margin of benefit to the opposition then so what? 

Again, it leads to gossip and rumour. 

Bullen says on a Frida that everyone is fit and well, Saturday no player, then they are out of the squad for 3 weeks. With Houston, he was obviously not fit last season, would miss 3 match day squads, go straight in to the starting line-up and then be shit.  

When you have a squad like Ayr's how much of a difference would it make to a team like Raith, if we played Houston or McCallister at right back. 

It's the equivalent of covering your mouth while talking to a team mate. 

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fucking hell this thread. Boab is a w**k but he was absolutely fine yesterday and if he can stick to reading out teamsheets and goal scorers then he’ll be fine. I have no idea why the decision was taken to bring him back into the fold after he essentially stopped coming to games. His whole super supporter thing is a huge facade considering he fucked off twenty minutes into the Partick game last season after we were getting pumped. I get a few folk will have been the same but they weren’t all desperate to be the face of the club for years. 

It might change but I feel like the whole media and engagement side of the club has largely been ignored in the last 18 months. Our highlights are a shambles, our post match interviews are cringey in the extreme and when you look at some of the content being put out by other clubs then we have a bit of catching up to do.

Your last point is something that needs looked at. In times gone by when the club infrastructure was poor the media side of things ran very well. In other areas we have had some real improvements off the park yet media and communication have gone to pot. Considering Mathie wants to promote team working,  there has also been an addition in off field heads and a supposed feedback environment it's surprising this is the case  

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Are you suggesting supporters should not question what is going on or not suggest we should be better?

If that's the tone of your reply and generally what you take from what I'm trying to suggest then let's just not bother even conversing about it.

You've actually highlighted exactly what the default response seems to be when folk suggest that there is some constructive middle ground to be found on here.

Edited by BukyOHare

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It might change but I feel like the whole media and engagement side of the club has largely been ignored in the last 18 months. Our highlights are a shambles, our post match interviews are cringey in the extreme and when you look at some of the content being put out by other clubs then we have a bit of catching up to do.

Did they ever find anyone for the marketing focused board position that was advertised?

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Again, it leads to gossip and rumour. 

Bullen says on a Frida that everyone is fit and well, Saturday no player, then they are out of the squad for 3 weeks. With Houston, he was obviously not fit last season, would miss 3 match day squads, go straight in to the starting line-up and then be shit.  

When you have a squad like Ayr's how much of a difference would it make to a team like Raith, if we played Houston or McCallister at right back. 

It's the equivalent of covering your mouth while talking to a team mate. 

Rumour and gossip is surely preferable to fact though if the reason for the tight lips is not wanting to give the game away? Think if anything the press conferences could be handled better, with respect to this.

You mention our RBs but really I think this is boiling down to the weird situation with Dipo v Partick. If it makes little difference to Raith who our RBs are then why would it breed resentment among the fans when those two in particular have been slagged on and off for two seasons? Dunno, just feels trivial to me, but appreciate it doesn't to everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

How do you know that info was retained or even handed over? Not everything with Smith needs to fit in to your villain narrative. 

Moron narrative, more like. 

25 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If that's the tone of your reply and generally what you take from what I'm trying to suggest then let's just not bother even conversing about it.

You've actually highlighted exactly what the default response seems to be when folk suggest that there is some constructive middle ground to be found on here.

You're always going to get a wide spectrum of opinion on an open forum. It's healthy to have a bit of debate sometimes, especially if it allows an insight into perspectives that are different from our own. Far preferable to groupthink, I reckon. There's never going to be unanimity on subjective topics anyway.

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

You're always going to get a wide spectrum of opinion on an open forum. It's healthy to have a bit of debate sometimes, especially if it allows an insight into perspectives that are different from our own. Far preferable to groupthink, I reckon. There's never going to be unanimity on subjective topics anyway.

If based on constructive criticism, that is a useful tool that many people should look at and take any positives from it , people need to give ideas on how to resolve issues rather than just say it’s wrong 

Edited by Finlay21

47 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You said that people were overly critical without thinking about it. I pointed out why people were right to be critical. 

If people were actively trying to find a middle ground, rather than just accusing folk of moaning for no reason, it might help find that middle ground

Just now, Trogdor said:

I'm sure we got an announcement about new matchday highlights last season. Has there been any update? There has been no change in the quality of the output.

I just looked up and the article was from last November:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement-match-highlights

They've gone from filming matches on a potato to filming them with a 2005 flip phone.

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

How do you know that info was retained or even handed over? Not everything with Smith needs to fit in to your villain narrative. 

😂

I couldn’t care less about interviews with players repeating the same cliches for 10 minutes but the highlights are embarrassing.

The club seem to think that putting “#weareunited” at the end of every single tweet makes up for it though.