The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, Peil said:

He was clearly being told by other players where he should be moving, where he should be standing etc.

Baffling how the fella earns a living as a football player

This was EXACTLY the case in every single match in which he appeared last season, I honestly thought that he'd never played Football before, period, let alone at a Professional level. 

Initially I'd hoped that it was maybe the language barrier / settling in a new country with a new team and system but it quickly became clear that he had no understanding of the game whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Maybe the real Bangala is still in Slovenia and we’ve been hit with an imposter.

like buying N’golo Kante from Wish.

AH HA !!

You've solved the problem right there, as we signed him from Slovakia !!

Given Bangala has played a decent number of games over a few seasons at 5th Tier in France and top tier in Slovakia you would assume there is a player in there, however if you watch him you wouldnt know.

I heard he had a bad injury while in Slovakia, I wonder if that is still an issue, although his physical condition doesnt seem to be the issue

26 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Not needed. Just read in the AP that McKenzie is ready to take over from Dipo. 

HE might be ready, but I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if the club think the same.

Let's face it, I'm known as a "happy clapper", however even I'd be infuriated if we saw our real time budget cut dramatically after the season we've just had and given the Dipo cash, the 2nd place finish cash and the fact that the ground renovations are supposed to be underwritten by Smith and a separate budget from the club and playing side.

Looking at Thistle last night, they would appear almost as strong as last season and are signing guys from Swansea and getting the likes of Ben Williamson from Rangers plus according to Doolan another 3 or 4 to come in, yet they were supposed to be doomed and just about bankrupt, you certainly wouldn't think that looking at their team.

All that said, I'm sure this is just the usual paper talk nonsense and that we WILL be bringing in quality players at RB, up top, wide and possibly Centre MId, although with Murdoch, Dempsey, Pendlebury and Smith already here, maybe that's unlikely unless it's a quality attacking option we manage to find ??

We won’t be running with McKenzie or Bryden being the main men. I can see one of them starting games with another striker but Bullen’s still talking up getting experience in. Don’t think there’s anything in the free agent market so we’ll either be paying a fee for someone or hoping they get released due to their club bringing someone else in. 

St Johnstone are signing another striker so maybe throw in a bid for Nicky Clark and see if he’s available.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We won’t be running with McKenzie or Bryden being the main men. I can see one of them starting games with another striker but Bullen’s still talking up getting experience in. Don’t think there’s anything in the free agent market so we’ll either be paying a fee for someone or hoping they get released due to their club bringing someone else in. 

St Johnstone are signing another striker so maybe throw in a bid for Nicky Clark and see if he’s available.

Might be wrong here but, are St Johnstone not incredibly light with bodies just now? 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah I think centre mid is unlikely, unless we could trick someone into taking Dempsey off us. 

I quite like Dempsey but admit to finding him very frustrating as feel there's much more in there and we're only seeing about 70%.

47 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Not needed. Just read in the AP that McKenzie is ready to take over from Dipo. 

McKenzie saying himself he is ready to play through the middle ( not Bullen saying Mark will replace Dipo) saying he is taking over from Dipo is way off the mark , clearly states he wants to play more central than wide

33 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

McKenzie saying himself he is ready to play through the middle ( not Bullen saying Mark will replace Dipo) saying he is taking over from Dipo is way off the mark , clearly states he wants to play more central than wide

I think we all know he has something to offer up front as part of a front two - whereas he is completely ineffective out wide. Not as a starter for me mind, but hopefully another season of development for him… 

49 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I quite like Dempsey but admit to finding him very frustrating as feel there's much more in there and we're only seeing about 70%.

Yet to see him impose himself on a game, even though he seems to have the tools he needs to do so.