The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Another important thing to remember is that any time McGeady is discussed by former teammates etc, they always speak about high his standards are - something that should be good for us. 

Saying all this, I would prefer him in the 10 style position with some pace on the other wing but I’m not entirely sure how often he has played there. 

5 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am not convinced there ever was one tbh. Transfer windows under this regime have been an absolute shitshow and that doesn't look like changing. Making a few offers for players who were never likely to join us anyway just so it looks like they at least tried does not hide the lack of a coherent plan.

I wonder what past-it former Scotland international we can sign this time?

Irish international

Chris Burke I think was a year older than McGeady is now when he was in the Championship two seasons ago and Mark Kerr turned 37 during our lovely 2018-2019 season. Just for any of the ageists among us.

If he can stay fit (and I appreciate it's an if) he should be a class act. Hopefully off the park he has drawing power for future players and/or staff. 

10 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I always thought a technical manager would be less about coaching and more logistical/admin?

I see his role as more of an Assistant Manager in modern terms. The fact that he is on the pitch (albeit if fit ) could be massive for our squad. 

29 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Someone in the Ayr scouting team must really love Sunderland Til I Die.

Had a season ticket down there for near a decade, still can't bring myself to watch it.

Wonder if Danny Graham is available?

On the one hand it could be mad giving a 2 year deal to a 37 year old winger who only managed 9 games for Hibs last season. However, if he stays fit he could be class for us. 

Hopefully his time at big clubs like Celtic, Spartak and Everton means that he can bring a lot to the table off the field. I wonder how much cash we've spunked on him here but it's exciting at least

It is the sort of proven player I've been talking about. The injury situation is a worry but he has an off the field role as well.

Hopefully it will also see an end to the too little and too poor argument trotted out by some on here!

The prone to injury thing shouldn't concern us as he has another role as well as player. Look at injuries last season with Musonda, Murdoch, Mullin, McAllister,..etc.. hold on, all names start with M...

Anyway, he can tell Bullen to get his finger out.

4 minutes ago, Only me... said:

The prone to injury thing shouldn't concern us as he has another role as well as player. Look at injuries last season with Musonda, Murdoch, Mullin, McAllister,..etc.. hold on, all names start with M...

Anyway, he can tell Bullen to get his finger out.

By all accounts McGeady is very forthcoming with his opinion, so I think he will challenge Bullen. I think Bullen will handle that fine, so it can only be a positive.