The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

His dad is also one of these insane born-in-the-wrong-country people and was very clear about where he wanted him to go.

His Dad’s parents were from Ireland - it would be perfectly normal for his Dad to grow up feeling Irish, despite being born in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can’t compare football to any other job though. A manager is more like a supervisor role as there’s an even bigger boss above them and footballers know that half the time they are more valuable to the club than the head coach. 

McGeady is someone with high standards and there’s lots of players who won’t tolerate standards slipping and will fall out with the manager. 

I was replying to a specific comment where the message being delivered wouldn't fly in most places 2023.  . Obviously there is more industrial language in football but you would still have to couch it a bit. 

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Yes, actually. Former manager was awful in his role and it was detrimental to the department.

Admittedly wasn't just me, a number of our department felt the same and the issue was dealt with and the person in question moved elsewhere. Was uncomfortable at the time but was the right choice and have since had good relations with said person.

Managers should be open to different ideas and questions (this person was not and it was one of the major issues for all of us).

I suspect you didn't explicitly say though they were inept and out there depth 

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Was it you who reacted like this in response to the notion that it might not be a sackable offense to mention your work on social media?

It was very obviously strange for a new signing to basically not mention the manager at all. Unsure why pointing this out has the superfans riled up but there you go.

Superfans. Riled, how come? A clearly edited interview on YouTube has literally got folk frothing at the mouth on here.

Since McGeady arrived, according to the brains of the outfit on here, he's going to be taking the jobs of Glendinning or Bullen.

Tomorrow it'll be Mathie's and by the middle of next week it'll be Robbo's and Jason the groundsman.

Some folk on here, the f**k must they be like in their day jobs......

30 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Lewis Morgan doesn't come out of that very well tbh.  

Wouldn't say either do tbf.  Could perhaps offer the benefit of the doubt if they were younger players and learning the ropes but not in this case

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I suspect you didn't explicitly say though they were inept and out there depth 

The word inept was not used, no. However, if the strained relationship had continued over an even longer period of time, and the inability to realise and/or own up to mistakes had continued, it may well have done.

Edited by AuAl

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Wouldn't say either do tbf.  Could perhaps offer the benefit of the doubt if they were younger players and learning the ropes but not in this case

An experienced pro is giving some advice that if you accept that level of mediocrity you won't successfully play any higher and he's away crying.  

No wonder he's away playing in a retirement home league.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

An experienced pro is giving some advice that if you accept that level of mediocrity you won't successfully play any higher and he's away crying.  

No wonder he's away playing in a retirement home league.  

Don’t think there’s been a more overrated player than Lewis Morgan. Two good seasons in the Scottish Championship and folk thought he was going to the next Scottish superstar. 

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Superfans. Riled, how come? A clearly edited interview on YouTube has literally got folk frothing at the mouth on here.

Since McGeady arrived, according to the brains of the outfit on here, he's going to be taking the jobs of Glendinning or Bullen.

Tomorrow it'll be Mathie's and by the middle of next week it'll be Robbo's and Jason the groundsman.

FWIW, you object to being called a superfan and being riled. You then refer to other posters as frothing at the mouth, suggest they aren't very smart and bemoan what they must be like in their day jobs. Not really helping raise the level of discourse if you ask me.

Edited by Trogdor

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t think there’s been a more overrated player than Lewis Morgan. Two good seasons in the Scottish Championship and folk thought he was going to the next Scottish superstar. 

I think Alex Rae is quite guilty of fueling the bizarre craze around Morgan.

He's also still very keen to still remind people that he was the one that "discovered" him. A weird boast.

Edited by AuAl

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

FWIW, you object to being called a superfan and being riled. You then refer to other posters as frothing at the mouth, suggest they aren't very smart and bemoan what they must be like in their day jobs. Not really helping raise the level of discourse if you ask me.

Fair enough, you give it out you've got to take it.

We're all guilty of it.

How anybody can look at that interview (edited) and come up with McGeady being against the current manager is still pretty weird, even for on here.

5 minutes ago, AuAl said:

He's also still very keen to still remind people that he was the one that "discovered" him. A weird boast.

Alex Rae is the OG bald fool. Bullen has a long way to go before he hits those lofty heights. 

16 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If you remove the sinister element of this then it looks entirely plausible this has been part of the discussions.. Perhaps Bullen or Glendinning have a time cap on their stay here. Having a team structure offers a path for succession planning and less disruption when the next person gets promoted  

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Fair enough, you give it out you've got to take it.

We're all guilty of it.

How anybody can look at that interview (edited) and come up with McGeady being against the current manager is still pretty weird, even for on here.

Nobody on here has suggested, this is invented fantasy to suit your agenda.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Nobody on here has suggested, this is invented fantasy to suit your agenda.  

Aye I was about to say I don’t think I’ve seen anything close to that being suggested. 

14 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Shame he hasn't discovered a way to reverse hair loss.