The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t think that St Johnstone player knew much about the header. No one seemed to expect the ball being played there. 

Probably more that they didn't expect the defence to let it bounce in the middle of the box 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

First ive seen us this season - full backs being absolutely destroyed but we all know that's going to happen most games this season whatever combination we choose so hardly even worth mentioning.   

Positives - after a shocking first 5 we've kept possession quite well, Murphy looks very good on the ball, and Amartey looks a lot better than I'd expected based on folks descriptions so far - defo looks an upgrade on JML or D O'C on that albeit very short showing.  

How can the one completely obvious fault in last years team be the one you don’t address? We have recruited well by the looks of things. Stanger, Amartey and Murphy all very good. But the full back situation will render that all useless if not rectified.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Smith though, but yeah. 

Probably a better shout.  I've probably gone for Pendlebury cause I've no seen him there. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Probably a better shout.  I've probably gone for Pendlebury cause I've no seen him there. 

I’ve not seen much of him either, would probably be good to get a decent look at him tbf. Same age as Smith as well development wise. 

5 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

He didn’t, but all to easy to get the cross in

Agreed just felt the instant reaction was blame the full backs whereas Stanger is more at fault than Ecrepont, with McAllister the main culprit.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Agreed just felt the instant reaction was blame the full backs whereas Stanger is more at fault than Ecrepont, with McAllister the main culprit.

Don't think Ecrepont can do very much at the goal but did ok at the cross right after, which ironically was a better and more dangerous cross.