The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I was having a snoop at full backs in the national League in England, One name kept popping up.

Zaine Francis-Angol. Started his career with Motherwell and was with Oldham last season 🤔

Antigua and Barbuda international player.

He's now a Free Agent.

Edited by Roxanne's man

There’s a huge incentive to go and win on Saturday as qualifying could mean an extra player being able to be brought in. If we get our full backs sorted then it’s really all about getting depth in the forward areas. We do all that and I think we’ll have a good season. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

There’s a huge incentive to go and win on Saturday as qualifying could mean an extra player being able to be brought in. If we get our full backs sorted then it’s really all about getting depth in the forward areas. We do all that and I think we’ll have a good season. 

Hopefully we can avoid the indignity of finishing behind a Jim Goodwin side.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Oh no! Not a proverbial '6-pointer must win'

4-1 loss

4 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Does anyone know where that Livingston fan got the info that Rose was on trial with them?

Can't find mention of it anywhere or mentioned in forums etc...

Thinking this possibly is tosh?

I doubt it, his posts and generally pretty good and very reliable. 

2 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Why? If we win on Saturday we qualify right?

When he did the bbc interview he thought the top two qualified and we were already through

25 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Wasn't able to catch the game last night. Looks like we started with a 4-4-2 but who was playing more up top with Bryden and who was outwide right between McKenzie and Amartey?

The ever reliable Beeb says Amartey was wide right and McKenzie was in the middle.

5 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Does anyone know where that Livingston fan got the info that Rose was on trial with them?

Can't find mention of it anywhere or mentioned in forums etc...

Thinking this possibly is tosh?

Their local reporter:

Edited by itzdrk

32 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The ever reliable Beeb says Amartey was wide right and McKenzie was in the middle.

Amartey was not only wide right, but also performing well in the role.

Can't think of a player who has had more of a redemption arc than Mcginty, I don't know what Bullen has done to him but he's turned him from a laughing stock to a regular 7/8 out of 10 most matches, yeah he still has a mistake in him and he loves a punt up the field to no one but he arguably been on of the best CBs in the championship for the last 18 months now.

A lot more cause for optimism now.  I would imagine our initial budget before the Dipo sale should still be allowing us to bring in at least 2 new faces (RB) being the main priority.  If we qualify that is 300k (250 dipo sale and 50 from group stages) in the bank before a league game has kicked off which helps the bank reserve.  Still belive 1 or 2 could be on the outgoings list (Ashford, Bangala, Hewitt, Ecrepont) so replacements would be needed.  I see Logan Chalmers not even in Dundee United squad last night and said to be about 7th choice winger, would love to see us test Dundee United with a cheeky bid.