The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Of the matchday 18 it has to be one of Ashford, Bryden or Ecrepont, although doubt we'd release the latter two, unless Bangala did a warm up despite being injured.

Did he not say at the Q and A that Ecrepont (and Hewitt) were effectively free to go if they wished? FWIW based on his contribution in the league cup I'd be keeping Ashford around. Not as a stater but can come off the bench and make an impact. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did he not say at the Q and A that Ecrepont (and Hewitt) were effectively free to go if they wished? FWIW based on his contribution in the league cup I'd be keeping Ashford around. Not as a stater but can come off the bench and make an impact. 

Yeah I’m with you there. He’s had a good impact in the games I’ve seen him in. I think it’ll be one of the full backs that he’s referring to. 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did Hewitt not just sign a new two year deal?

5 hours ago, baba douche said:

Nah, just point out the shit state of your pile, maybe mention bodying you 8-0 a month or so ago...

Even after our fuckup later on, still gives us all a warm feeling - thanks 👍

I equally enjoyed watching Ross County break your wee hearts....

Particularly enjoyed watching Muirheads shit defending cost you 2 goals...and the wee tear in his eye at the end....

Then you all greeting about the penalties being taken at Ross County end which was purely down to your shit fans behaviour at Somerset throwing flares on the park... So basically you ruined it for yourselves...

Priceless....

Made it worth getting beat 8-0.....

P.s at least your players enjoyed celebrating at half time in the changing rooms at Dingwall.....😂😂😂ohhhh wait .....that backfired....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'd shocked if we were thinking about releasing Bryden, poster boy for the academy and all that, he could do with a loan though.

I don’t think it’ll be Bryden. 

33 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Sure it is. Said in the last press conference that he (McGeady) would be spending more time on/with Bryden.

I presumed that was during training but then McGeady also said that he would be doing reports of all the young players for Mathie.

I think it’ll have been either Hewitt, Ecrepont or Bryden. 

32 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'd shocked if we were thinking about releasing Bryden, poster boy for the academy and all that, he could do with a loan though.

It won’t be releasing him it’d be loaning him to get game time surely 

Edited by ryanayr1987

34 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Yeah he should be loaned to a League 1 or 2 club IMO. It would be better for his development than making sporadic appearances off the bench for us.

48 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah he should be loaned to a League 1 or 2 club IMO. It would be better for his development than making sporadic appearances off the bench for us.

Making sporadic appearance's and coming off the bench whilst playing with better players is far better than going down 2 levels, probably going to a side that loses most weeks and coming back a far worse player... Micheal Hewitt is a prime example of that.

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Making sporadic appearance's and coming off the bench whilst playing with better players is far better than going down 2 levels, probably going to a side that loses most weeks and coming back a far worse player... Micheal Hewitt is a prime example of that.

I don’t agree. I think putting him to a part time side in League One/Two where he can still train with us through the week but he’s playing every Saturday is far better for his development. His quality will come through but he needs the rigour of proper games to get better. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Believe so but didn't attend myself. I imagine it would have been Ecrepont, as Hewitt was ill, as I don't see the benefit in McGeady reviewing a 27y/o.

As you say Ashford has that nuisance factor that probably suits coming off the bench and as long as we aren't relying on him for goals then he's worth keeping at the minute.