The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Let’s just get up there in numbers and watch our team take it to Livingston. Nothing much to fear but potentially a huge prize awaits us in the quarter finals . 

Ye, I'll be there even if I begrudge these shysters any of my money.

23 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Let’s just get up there in numbers and watch our team take it to Livingston. Nothing much to fear but potentially a huge prize awaits us in the quarter finals . 

Could allow for the funds to complete the whole stand facilities for opening next season.

MON THE OFFICES

Is this the quality of your guys stream? If so I'm genuinely surprised at how poor that is. Obviously our highlights are from the recording which is a higher bitrate but the stream is still much higher quality than that too.

Someone needs to throw me money to run their broadcasting, it honestly pays for itself.

I saved this testimonial from the St Johnstone boys - my career prospects are not good because everyone seems to throw volunteers at everything even if your ambition is top 6 SPFL Premiership😭

1 minute ago, wuffster said:

Good highlights from @LeodhasXD . Nice vantage point!

Thanks wuffster. I've got the unfair advantage that I'm remotely controlling my camera now so I set it up on the edge of the stand/conservatory roof behind this little glass barrier so it wasn't blocking anyone's view. Unfortunately upset some locals with my laptop on the media table because they couldn't see the goal over it.

With a little rigging I could have done what I did at Alloa and rigged to the I-beams on the roof of your stand for the best possible view. 

image.png.f4282f7be05931b42a12c61a7186716d.png

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Is this the quality of your guys stream? If so I'm genuinely surprised at how poor that is. Obviously our highlights are from the recording which is a higher bitrate but the stream is still much higher quality than that too.

Someone needs to throw me money to run their broadcasting, it honestly pays for itself.

I saved this testimonial from the St Johnstone boys - my career prospects are not good because everyone seems to throw volunteers at everything even if your ambition is top 6 SPFL Premiership😭

Funnily enough, as shite as the AU steam is, that actually looks better than it has been when I have tried to watch in the past. You can only imagine how bad it was previously!

I think our issue is a lack of know how in our volunteer media department, which ultimately is hard to complain about. 

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've got the unfair advantage that I'm remotely controlling my camera

Ahh! Good for you, that's the sweetspot at the moment. I hope it goes well and you can keep doing the Ayr home games!

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Mathie said at the Q&A night we had that the stream/highlights were something the club had clearly let the fans down on as it was apparently important to us which is verging on the Gerald Ratner school of customer relations.

They were appointing a media director to the board in the coming weeks and the product would gradually improve.

the highlights could be sponsored, they also give lapsed fans an indication of how the team is performing and gives online platforms like podcasts an insight in to performance which can be important when trying to create an online platform to showcase the work the club does. 

Apparently they are important B’Christ

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mathie said at the Q&A night we had that the stream/highlights were something the club had clearly let the fans down on as it was apparently important to us which is verging on the Gerald Ratner school of customer relations.

They were appointing a media director to the board in the coming weeks and the product would gradually improve.

the highlights could be sponsored, they also give lapsed fans an indication of how the team is performing and gives online platforms like podcasts an insight in to performance which can be important when trying to create an online platform to showcase the work the club does. 

Apparently they are important B’Christ

You would think it would be important to the players too tbh. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

They have the analysis footage, the stuff that looks like it is filmed from the international space station they use for the highlights.

Yeah - I meant more for their highlight reels etc, as they seem to tend to use the official highlight stuff. 

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What's happening with the terracing guys? New stand going up?

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Building a new stand which will also include new hospitality and offices for the club. We’re still keeping the front part of the terracing to allow some standing capacity but the stand is all seater. 

The plans have been scaled back a bit due to unforeseen difficulties and as such I think the offices and stuff like that will have to wait before being added in at a later date. Will still be fully functional on match day and the club will still provide the hospitality that they want to. 

6 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Ayr United to begin construction work on new North Stand - Daily RecordAyr United unveil stunning plans to redevelop Somerset Park - Daily Record

Funnily enough someone else asked earlier. Guess the highlights look a bit strange without the hospitality suite sitting there. 

The whole paid vs volunteer thing hurts my soul.

"It's volunteers so you can't complain" but the "quality is bad." That just doesn't strike me as costing nothing.
I've got a good handle on how much money as a product streaming can generate. There absolutely should be a bit of professionalism about it.

I'm not saying sell your soul and kidneys so QTV can rinse you for all you're worth but there's a definite niche in Scottish football that is completely ignored because volunteers make something for 'free.'

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Funnily enough someone else asked earlier. Guess the highlights look a bit strange without the hospitality suite sitting there. 

I see there's some wooden platform been built behind the floodlights next to the SRE, wonder if that's anything to do with set up for where BBC presenters will be based.

I wonder if the new stand is going to have space to facilitate TV cameras/studio