The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Looking at the players available, Steven Fletcher is the standout. Proven goal scorer, experience that could help Bryden. 

Downside, he's not kicked a ball since May, he's old and unlikely to want to travel to Ayr every day for training. He complained about a 2 hour commute to Dundee as a factor for him quitting United. Unless he can train with someone down south and travel up a couple of days a week, but would it be worth it for both parties?

Other than that, we are looking at an under 21 player on loan to help solve the issue of scoring goals. 

Fletcher has said explicitly he doesn’t want to sign for a Championship club.  He’s financially beyond us anyway.

17 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Fletcher has said explicitly he doesn’t want to sign for a Championship club.  He’s financially beyond us anyway.

He said the problem wasn't the Championship, it was the travel up to Scotland. He said he would accept any offer that excited him. Which rules us out. 

He is also doing his coaching badges. 

4 hours ago, United1973 said:

Okay serious post a simple yes or no . Do you think bullen can turn it around? 

I want him to turn it around and hope that he does. However, his tactics are very poor and he has shown no ability to influence games in our favour by making tactical decisions or utilising substitutions during games. 

Keeping us up in 2021/22 and achieving 2nd place last season are things he can quite rightly be pleased with - although obviously you could argue that we had one brilliant player last season who won us plenty of points on his own. As soon as games stop going our way then we have as good as lost them with Bullen in charge - he is a virtual spectator and cannot positively influence games in our favour. 

You asked for a simple answer, and this post has been a longwinded way of saying that my short answer is no. I do not think he will turn it around.

Edited by Richey Edwards

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He said the problem wasn't the Championship, it was the travel up to Scotland. He said he would accept any offer that excited him. Which rules us out. 

He is also doing his coaching badges. 

I think it was the travel up to Dundee rather than Scotland. He must have moved the family back up here last year as he's currently spending his time playing golf including a trip to Gailes a couple of weeks ago.

Bunged my questions in. I asked -

1. About the recruitment structure at the club and how potential signings are actually identified.
2. Is he concerned by the total disconnect between how Bullen says he wants to play and the players that have been provided for him to implement this. Is it due to a breakdown in communication or is there not a set vision for how we should play?
3. Why have we not addressed any of the positions on the pitch which were identified as being priorities at the end of last season?

Wish I'd asked what his favourite vol-au-vents filling was though. Think that's the only one that would have got a straight answer.