The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Was interesting listening to McCall today on off the ball, he said he signed Lawless for Thistle despite knowing he didn't have pace, didn't header and had no left foot. He offered something else that could be of use to Thistle and knew that because he had previously been a fans favourite. the support would take to him. 

This is the difference on signing players based on scouting data alone. 

No looking for work is he?

I still think calls for Mathie to leave the club are silly. 

The summer was poor given the money we made with Akinyemi and a failure to get first, second and probably third choice targets will land with him given his position. Bullen takes full responsibility for anything related to game management or what players are picked. Where we’re at right now is a culmination of both of them failing at a part of their job. 

The difference is that Mathie has a wider remit and he’s not in a position where you just go and chop and change when it isn’t working like you can with a manager. Since his arrival Ayr are strides ahead of where they were off the pitch. On the pitch we’ve had a great season and now we’re in the middle of a sticky patch where a decision potentially has to be made. I admire that Mathie is loyal to Bullen after last season but he needs to act and hopefully learn from what’s happened over the summer. If Bullen leaves and we just repeat all this again then it calls into question Mathies suitability and awareness. As it stands he deserves a chance to fix all this. 

Bullen on the other hand is making the same mistakes that we saw last year but obviously had players that could win games on their own. 

To be honest I've rapidly gone from Bullen need a bit of time and realistically has till the end of the month, to being totally scunnered. It isn't the first time things have gone to shite on the park and our security manager has decided to have a massive security overreach moment at the same time. You would think lessons had been learned from the Ragazzi and engagement would be a key part of the strategy rather than viewing fans as the enemy.

From the pictures it looks like she is the same steward that was stood outside the ground up at Inverness directing the fan searches. From the interaction I had with her I came away feeling utterly appalled and assumed it was an Inverness thing. If she is the same steward (which I've also read others on faceache saying she is, conforming my suspicions) then I'm even more annoyed to find out she is club endorsed. 

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Who is Bingo?

Famously banned from every stadium, turned up at a couple whilst banned with a letter from his solicitor saying he had been found innocent at his appeal in court (Brian Reid era). You might remember him in particular for turning up outside Starks Park dressed as a panda and standing at the other side of the road so he could see the fans in the away stand.

FWIW Mathie is actually in a new role for him. He's never run an entire club before. His roles at Hibs were not as big as his role at Ayr in terms of span of control. 

That being said. He's not doing great either. This debacle with the stewarding is part of a pattern.

He strikes me as someone who has lots of great ideas but never gets them over the line as he's trying to do too much at the same time. If he does complete something it's decidedly mixed like the season ticket instalments.

I wouldn't be sacking him but I have doubts over what he is bringing at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Famously banned from every stadium, turned up at a couple whilst banned with a letter from his solicitor saying he had been found innocent at his appeal in court (Brian Reid era). You might remember him in particular for turning up outside Starks Park dressed as a panda and standing at the other side of the road so he could see the fans in the away stand.

That was absolutely brilliant, him directing the singsong from the street was the highlight of the day...then him talking somecunts ear off on the bus about Dr Who :lol:

10 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

That's a blast from the past! I remember that day well.

Just now, Trogdor said:

FWIW Mathie is actually in a new role for him. He's never run an entire club before. His roles at Hibs were not as big as his role at Ayr in terms of span of control. 

That being said. He's not doing great either. This debacle with the stewarding is part of a pattern.

He strikes me as someone who has lots of great ideas but never gets them over the line as he's trying to do too much at the same time. If he does complete something it's decidedly mixed like the season ticket instalments.

I wouldn't be sacking him but I have doubts over what he is bringing at the moment.

Is he running the whole club or just the footballing side of things? There seems to be conflicting reports on here about what he oversees. If it’s the football side of things then the stewarding would come under either Roy or Nick Provan. 

Fwiw he can’t be making all these decisions without Smith. Smith brought him in because he doesn’t know how to run the footballing stuff like managers and transfers but this is more of a match day operations type of thing which I don’t see as part of Mathies role. I might be totally wrong with that but one guy cannot be running an entire club when there’s so many moving parts to it. 

I highly doubt Graeme Mathie has issued an order for sniffer dogs to be sent into the SRE so let’s try and hold ourselves back until we actually know the full story. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Is he running the whole club or just the footballing side of things? There seems to be conflicting reports on here about what he oversees. If it’s the football side of things then the stewarding would come under either Roy or Nick Provan. 

Fwiw he can’t be making all these decisions without Smith. Smith brought him in because he doesn’t know how to run the footballing stuff like managers and transfers but this is more of a match day operations type of thing which I don’t see as part of Mathies role. I might be totally wrong with that but one guy cannot be running an entire club when there’s so many moving parts to it. 

I highly doubt Graeme Mathie has issued an order for sniffer dogs to be sent into the SRE so let’s try and hold ourselves back until we actually know the full story. 

The Managing Director is in charge of everything. That's how it works, football isn't an exception to that.

If he was only in charge of football operations his title would reflect that. McTrusty, Provan et al report to Mathie. He is in charge of all the staff and all the operations without exception. The buck stops with him.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The Managing Director is in charge of everything. That's how it works, football isn't an exception to that.

If he was only in charge of football operations his title would reflect that. McTrusty, Provan et al report to Mathie. He is in charge of all the staff and all the operations without exception. The buck stops with him.

David Smith is the Chairman so technically he’s in charge of everything. Surely the buck stops with him, no?