The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t really know what this post is, adults say far worse things than this and I don’t know what it’s got to do with the stewards. 

It is obviously incredibly unfunny, but generally most of the things shouted at our games that annoy me are by old roasters.

The OP had stated that they are 'only children'. But these 'children' can be equally as offensive and abusive as the adults. Seem to be implying that it's absolutely fine that a 10 (or so ) year old is screaming at the top of his lungs over and over to the opposition goalkeeper that said keeper wants to f**k him. Guess there still is no moral code once you enter a football stadium - everything is acceptable. Don't think I particularly want to go to Callum-ayr's pub where you can hear a ten year old screaming that one of the adults wants to f**k him! Or worse!

Just now, WalkerMcCollsAvenue said:

The OP had stated that they are 'only children'. But these 'children' can be equally as offensive and abusive as the adults. Seem to be implying that it's absolutely fine that a 10 (or so ) year old is screaming at the top of his lungs over and over to the opposition goalkeeper that said keeper wants to f**k him. Guess there still is no moral code once you enter a football stadium - everything is acceptable. Don't think I particularly want to go to Callum-ayr's pub where you can hear a ten year old screaming that one of the adults wants to f**k him! Or worse!

Probably more like 15 than 10 I'd wager. We badly need another game to talk about. 

8 minutes ago, WalkerMcCollsAvenue said:

Amazingly, a ten year old shouldn’t be held to the same standard as a full grown adult. 

f**k me man, it isn’t difficult. 

There clearly is a culture problem within football, but one thing for certain is that it doesn’t start with children. 

As much as the club handles it shambolically can we stop acting like no one on the terraces ever does anything wrong either?

Flares and smoke bombs can look fucking great but throwing them on the pitch or letting them off in a busy, enclosed crowd is arsehole behaviour. And unless everyone on here is deaf I’m not gonna be the only one that’s heard some rotten stuff being shouted by the various different young teams over the years. The “die in your sleep” stuff for a start and just blatant racist and sexist crap at times as well.

I'd argue some of the songs that unfortunately still get sung here and there are far more offensive and in need of binning than the occasional flares.

That's not too say I think the wee guys should be setting off pyrotechnics all the time in the SRE. Just that it seems like an easy target when there are, imo, more important behavioural issues that the club could be doing their part in discouraging.

Edited by AuAl