The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

His assist for Murphys goal showed how confident he was after his goal. Could’ve squared it across with his stronger foot but hit it with the outside of his left foot and it just curled away from the QP defender and gave Murphy an easy finish. He didn’t look that great before his goal but he had a good game overall and looks a good foil for Dowds. 

Just back from that tonight. Some really good performances tonight, the front 4 linked up really well, every time Chalmers has the ball, something will happen.

The full back positions still slightly worry me and Syla didn't have a particularly good game unlike his midfield partner. 

Overall, far better from what we've seen but we will have a bigger test come next Saturday. 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Can do…

Anyway - that team is a fucking joke. 

Rose instead of Amartey and the shitebag option of dropping Stanger over McGinty. 

3 hours ago, Peil said:

I'm sat here with the missus saying I should go, and then I see that team.

that is rotten

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

No wanting a singular bit of pace in your front line, on a huge pitch, against a high like is hilarious mismanagement.

I can’t even remember what the bet was! Was it McGinty…

Bit of humble pie lads?

By f**k did we need that result (although I certainly didn't see it coming).

Maybe it'll spark a wee unbeaten run that can build some confidence.  This season has to be about picking up enough points to stay in the league.  With the new stand and the other off-field improvements, hopefully we'll see some steady growth after that.

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Just back from that tonight. Some really good performances tonight, the front 4 linked up really well, every time Chalmers has the ball, something will happen.

The full back positions still slightly worry me and Syla didn't have a particularly good game unlike his midfield partner. 

Overall, far better from what we've seen but we will have a bigger test come next Saturday. 

Yeah Syla seems a bit careless in possession and I’m not sure how good  Young actually is on the ball but off the ball he offered a lot tonight. Senga had a couple of good moments as well although that’s easy to say when he comes in to a game we’re winning 5-2. 

Our two best players by a considerable distance tonight are Chalmers and Murphy. Murphy ran half the length of the pitch just about, twice to set up two goals and the QP right couldn’t get near him all game. 

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Fair, even at 2-0 I was nervous as QP were still able to get in behind us quite easily. Definitely a soft spot for us.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Bit of humble pie lads?

By f**k did we need that result (although I certainly didn't see it coming).

Maybe it'll spark a wee unbeaten run that can build some confidence.  This season has to be about picking up enough points to stay in the league.  With the new stand and the other off-field improvements, hopefully we'll see some steady growth after that.

Always, I’m not sure it’ll last, but happy to have a slice tonight… 

ETA, regardless of how poor the start has been we can’t just go back to saying the goal is to just not get relegated. 

Edited by No_Problemo

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The stream was honking so I can't say too much about the game. It was like watching a game on football manager. 

Queens Park basically defended like Ayr last week. Gifted almost all the goals but we had to put them away and we did. 

Aye, on the 2D camera mode.

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Always, I’m not sure it’ll last, but happy to have a slice tonight… 

ETA, regardless of how poor the start has been we can’t just go back to saying the goal is to just not get relegated. 

Surely this season it is?  Relegation would be pretty brutal considering the investment.  Sometimes you have to take a small step back to go forward.

Just now, pandarilla said:

There is no 'I told you so' - but too many folk moan constantly and then don't admit when they got it wrong. 

The team have looked very poor this season but by f**k I'll still support them.  I'm not convinced Bullen is the right man for the job but he's the manager right now and I've got no doubt that he's doing everything he can to turn things around.  A result like this at least shows that the players are still with him.  Whether it's a one-off or not it's something to enjoy.  

There is on social media, I wasn’t referring to your post which was entirely fair! There is a balance either way I guess…

Tbf, I didn’t ever think the players weren’t with him - I still think it’s going to be a pretty poor season with all our limitations but hopefully tonight is a sign that there is enough there for it not to get too bad. 

Jamie Murphy is just a joy to watch at this level, he really is.

Logan Chalmers is a very talented footballer and I personally really like that he is always trying something. It might not always come off, but he is always looking forward and very often stands out on the pitch

Delighted for both Rose and Dowds. Would be great to see the two of them push on together as a partnership.

We were still slightly careless in midfield at points and there was a tendency for our defenders to stand off too much when QP were dancing around the edge of the box, but we were largely solid. A big improvement but we still need to see something similar in the games to come. 

Great to have a winning feeling again and very pleasing to see us be so clinical. Our forward line / wingers promises so much, but we hadn't seen anywhere near enough of until tonight. Some tremendous football going forward in the first half at times, even if QP did make it quite easy.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Surely this season it is?  Relegation would be pretty brutal considering the investment.  Sometimes you have to take a small step back to go forward.

Nah - I’m just not into aiming to finish eighth. I’ll accept some form of flirting with the playoffs and finishing mid table, but anything around eighth would be a terrible season.