The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

His yellow was bizarre, I genuinely thought the referee was booking Crawford for diving. From the SRE it looked like Crawford just threw himself down.

You could only laugh at how bad that referee and stand side linesman were. Fucking grim.

I was being a bit generous to the referee with that one, as I wasn’t sure if I had missed something. 

What annoyed me most about that one though, was that it was moments after Crawford just about broke Ahui in half and never got booked for it. Crawford went down screaming, which the referee appeared to buy all fucking game! 

I’m usually very placid at the football, but not so much with some of those decisions yesterday 😂

15 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

As for team selection, Amartey is quite clearly getting the Tomi treatment - doesn't run about enough bla bla. Sometimes you just need to give guys a chance to go and play on a Saturday and see what they can do. 

Imagine Bullen managing a mercurial talent like a Templeton or Stevo? These guys were renowned for not running hard in training but they switched it on for match days. Bullen wouldn't play them, they'd be getting 2 minute cameos every week.

I'm not suggesting Amartey is at that level. However, he gives us something different. He is direct, drives forward with the ball and not shot shy. Yesterday, he would have been perfect for running at Clubfoot. Even with 20 mins to go that would be a change to consider. Instead of that we get Rose who every time he features he goes down the pecking order.

Think we have to all understand that we just ain't good enough to win every week , its going to be an up and down season , hopefully we can get our shit together for the cup to a degree . The championship will be won by Dundee United , Thistle and Rovers will occupy the next two slots . The rest is much of a muchness with Morton going down and the rest scrapping it out to avoid one play off slot and trying to get into the other play off slot .

1 minute ago, Dauntless said:

Think we have to all understand that we just ain't good enough to win every week , its going to be an up and down season , hopefully we can get our shit together for the cup to a degree . The championship will be won by Dundee United , Thistle and Rovers will occupy the next two slots . The rest is much of a muchness with Morton going down and the rest scrapping it out to avoid one play off slot and trying to get into the other play off slot .

Bookmarked mate. Thanks for that.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mind that time Morton beat Ayr on the opening day of the season and Morton fans were talking about winning the league? how'd that work out for you's?

Enjoying all the talk of corners turned this weekend.

Pointingdown GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yep,shitefest results against us ain't going to save you

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mind that time Morton beat Ayr on the opening day of the season and Morton fans were talking about winning the league? how'd that work out for you's?

Enjoying all the talk of corners turned this weekend.

Pointingdown GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

There's a big Primark in Dumfries, SuperNed will love ram raiding that for new jeggings next season.