The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

When Gondoh was signed, Callum asked him what to expect, Bullen said he'd never seen the boy play. 

Aye. I remember the words “done our due diligence” when signing Bangala came out of Bullens mouth in an interview. Toe curling in hindsight. His eye for a player is shocking. 

Mathie is on record as saying that Bullen has a say in recruitment, given that they appear to have a close working relationship I'd be surprised if he was lying. 

Ultimately it's down to the 11 guys on the park and they're just not good enough to win every week. If you offered me it, l l'd take 8th and a fresh face in the dugout next season. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, so Bullen isn’t involved in the recruitment and is given players he hasn’t identified or asked for to work with. 

Tbf, nobody with a whiff of Bullens suggestion about him has been decent. 
He’s pretty blasé about bringing crap into the team and just thinking they’ll do a job.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Why would you give someone a contract without ever seeing them play? There's taking a gamble and then there's utter stupidity.

Again, another kicker. If Bullen has a role in recruitment, why are there not effective enough checks and balances in recruitment to point out that these duds couldn’t get a game for sayr United in the shoot league? The whole recruitment system is baffling, man. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Mathie is on record as saying that Bullen has a say in recruitment, given that they appear to have a close working relationship I'd be surprised if he was lying. 

Ultimately it's down to the 11 guys on the park and they're just not good enough to win every week. If you offered me it, l l'd take 8th and a fresh face in the dugout next season. 

He said at the Q&A that Glendinning identifies targets and Mathie and the coaching staff decide who to sign.  Ahui & Amartey barely played, JML, Kenyon etc from last season, Ashford. Why would Bullen green light half a dozen players he doesn't like or trust ?

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Why would you give someone a contract without ever seeing them play? There's taking a gamble and then there's utter stupidity.

Maybe Bullen passing the buck quickly. 

Callum - What can we expect from Gondoh ?

Bullen - Can I just heavily imply that Ryan Gondoh being signed is absolutely f**k all to do with me. By the way, wait till you see the boy I'm bringing in from Slovakia. 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He said at the Q&A that Glendinning identifies targets and Mathie and the coaching staff decide who to sign.  Ahui & Amartey barely played, JML, Kenyon etc from last season, Ashford. Why would Bullen green light half a dozen players he doesn't like or trust ?

A few of them just turned out to be not at the level, Kenyon wasn't fit and Amartey is just... baffling.

He absolutely did say in his 'Ask Mathie' videos that Bullen has a say in these players, it's still on YouTube for all to see. 

11 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

A few of them just turned out to be not at the level, Kenyon wasn't fit and Amartey is just... baffling.

He absolutely did say in his 'Ask Mathie' videos that Bullen has a say in these players, it's still on YouTube for all to see. 

I didn't say he had no involvement, I was asking why, if what Mathie says is correct, have we signed players that Bullen obviously doesn't rate. 

I wouldn't pull the plug on bullen just yet. The team still look like they're playing for him - and there's always going to be ups and downs in this league. 

We have to do everything we can to avoid relegation but I wouldn't be too itchy with the trigger finger. If things don't turn around by January then I'd be looking to bring in a fresh voice. 

What's the deal with the keeper btw? And is there any clear word on musonda? 

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I wouldn't pull the plug on bullen just yet. The team still look like they're playing for him - and there's always going to be ups and downs in this league. 

We have to do everything we can to avoid relegation but I wouldn't be too itchy with the trigger finger. If things don't turn around by January then I'd be looking to bring in a fresh voice. 

What's the deal with the keeper btw? And is there any clear word on musonda? 

In his post match interview, Bullen conceded the players chucked it after the first goal yesterday.  And that’s after last weeks tirade about how the players performed in the 2nd half.