The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can anyone fathom why we’ve dropped Albinson? Hes not been brilliant this season but I wouldn’t have said he did anything to warrant being dropped. I thought Mutch did well against Airdrie and had a couple of good saves but looked very awkward last night based on those highlights. 

I wouldn’t be keen on him automatically becoming our number one if Albinson leaves in the summer. 

Can only hope Charlie is maybe not 100% fit. Have seen enough of Robbie Mutch to see he’s not a championship level no.1.

5 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Can only hope Charlie is maybe not 100% fit. Have seen enough of Robbie Mutch to see he’s not a championship level no.1.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can anyone fathom why we’ve dropped Albinson? Hes not been brilliant this season but I wouldn’t have said he did anything to warrant being dropped. I thought Mutch did well against Airdrie and had a couple of good saves but looked very awkward last night based on those highlights. 

I wouldn’t be keen on him automatically becoming our number one if Albinson leaves in the summer. 

As i said earlier today we seem to have managed to create an Arsenal situation where we now have two keepers of not too different level and both probably feel that they should be No 1 at the club but are both making clangers under the pressure of trying to keep their place.

Then you have the coach who clearly doesn't have a clear Number 1 which never works out well...

27 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I think that’s harsh. He’s been okay for me. Albinson wasn’t exactly any good in his first season. I think he has the same problem as Albinson in that he doesn’t command his box and high balls into the box can catch him out. 

I think the standard of goalies in this league is pretty poor. Albinson is one of the better ones but only really as a shot stopper. MacDonald at Morton must be up there as well. Everyone seems to be really soft at dealing with shots from range. Ross Doohan is levels above anyone playing in this league and he’s only a backup at Aberdeen these days. 

2 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Screenshot_20231223-220824.png

Christ! What the f*ck happened to Tom Selleck!??

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think the standard of goalies in this league is pretty poor. Albinson is one of the better ones but only really as a shot stopper. MacDonald at Morton must be up there as well. Everyone seems to be really soft at dealing with shots from range. Ross Doohan is levels above anyone playing in this league and he’s only a backup at Aberdeen these days. 

I think Ayr have been blessed in recent seasons with decent keepers. The good ole days of Greg Fleming 😁.  Doohan and Sinisalo did incredible in their stints with the club, at such young ages. Albinson was fantastic last season and looked much better, safer and more reliable than that of McAdams. 

I think given time, Mutch could quickly settle. It's good that there's a choice for who's number one. I'd rather either of them than Dabrowski, my gran could have stopped Rose's Shot, if stood in the same position.

We also have the bonus of having Ecrepont, with him being one of the hottest prospects Ayr have had in a while. Still a wee bit off the first team but exciting to see if he gets there.

Just realised Young & Senga's loans are only up to January (1st i'd imagine), feck

No idea if either will be allowed to stay for the remainder of the season.

Senga likely to be tricky as Reading is in an absolute basket state just now with redundancies been announced today and an absentee owner who has put the club on the brink of Admin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-67806248

7 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Just realised Young & Senga's loans are only up to January (1st i'd imagine), feck

No idea if either will be allowed to stay for the remainder of the season.

Senga likely to be tricky as Reading is in an absolute basket state just now with redundancies been announced today and an absentee owner who has put the club on the brink of Admin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-67806248

Maybe we are covering wages though, if he was to go back they’d need to foot the bill on that. Could they afford that? 

I am hoping that the club have plans in place, with Dempsey back, they are maybe happy for Young and Senga to return to their parent clubs. I think we need Young more than Senga but I'd gladly keep both. 

If Musonda is in the Zambia squad, he could miss as much as 6 games. We have Stanger still out and an unknown suspension for McGinty on the horizon, I'd hope we'd have a new player in place by at least the Inverness game on the 6th. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am hoping that the club have plans in place, with Dempsey back, they are maybe happy for Young and Senga to return to their parent clubs. I think we need Young more than Senga but I'd gladly keep both. 

If Musonda is in the Zambia squad, he could miss as much as 6 games. We have Stanger still out and an unknown suspension for McGinty on the horizon, I'd hope we'd have a new player in place by at least the Inverness game on the 6th. 

I'd keep Young and Senga.

Young has worked his way into a starter in the midfield alongside Dempsey and Senga can play CB 

9 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Thought Young was really excellent on Friday night. He was everywhere, and was a large part of why our pressing Raith high worked out well.

Would keep him if we can.

He's like sonic the hedgehog or the energizer bunny. I thought he played extremely well. He can sometimes overhit a pass but that's me being especially picky.

He has made the midfield berth his own.

15 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Thought Young was really excellent on Friday night. He was everywhere, and was a large part of why our pressing Raith high worked out well.

Would keep him if we can.

Bullen has fucked it before trying to play attacking football with two in the middle where one isn't a ball winner, a Docherty type. You can set up as attacking as you like but if you don't have the ball, its pointless. Him and Dempsey were a good pairing, Him and Murdoch would be good also. 

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Was Stanger not hoping to be back involved for the Airdrie game, or have I imagined that…

The next three games are massive in terms of pushing on. I’m assuming Musonda will leave before our game on the 6th, so that would potentially leave us with zero centre backs for that one…

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That Chalmers goal should be blasted all over our social media btw, an outstanding bit of quality from him - as well as from Amartey too obviously. 

It was an excellent goal. Really good build-up play and a fantastic finish.

The BBC broadcast the wrong game on Friday night.

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

Yup lost the full back with a touch and clipped it away with his left . Narrowly missed a similar one against Airdrie .

The touch was outstanding, and the finish somehow even better. 

Fantastic from Amartey too. Exactly the sort of stuff we should be advertising to the local community, that we do actually have some good footballers to watch. 

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The touch was outstanding, and the finish somehow even better. 

Fantastic from Amartey too. Exactly the sort of stuff we should be advertising to the local community, that we do actually have some good footballers to watch. 

It would be nice if someone could advertise that to our manager as well.