The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

I think he went straight down the tunnel at full time. Was one of the few that waited till the end so I could boo like f*ck, but the sh*tebag didn't even come over to thank us for suffering through that

At the end of the game with the game done Imrie was still out on the touchline giving instructions etc. Meanwhile I don't think I even heard Bullen once, albeit I was in the stand so I didn't have the best view. Don't think he even came out of his dugout in the second half

21 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Smith has shown he's willing to act before. He sacked Kerr when not everyone wanted him gone, actually I think there were more people who thought Kerr should stay when he was sacked than there are who think Bullen should stay now.

I came round to wanting Kerr gone but there is a sliding doors scenario where hanging on that season without subsequently spending half a fucking decade on this eye-bleeding horror show had the club in a better situation right now than staring down the 2027 expiration of multiple players who would be lucky to get full-time contracts at Tesco.

Just now, Thumper said:

I came round to wanting Kerr gone but there is a sliding doors scenario where hanging on that season without subsequently spending half a fucking decade on this eye-bleeding horror show had the club in a better situation right now than staring down the 2027 expiration of multiple players who would be lucky to get full-time contracts at Tesco.

It's possible, although unlikely, we would have stayed up under Kerr, but it was clearly the right decision at the time even if a significant chunk of the support thought it wasn't. He was on 1 win in 10 which is unacceptable for any manager, and I don't think we'd be in a better position now if he had stayed.

I'm not being misty eyed here but at least with Kerr you could see what he was trying to do. He was wanting to play 4-2-3-1 but he didn't have the right personnel up front. Got saddled with Dre Wright as his only striker who just wasn't up to it. Had he got a better striker in January he may have turned it around.

Under Bullen I have no idea what the team is trying to do. I really don't. There is no style or identity. Its like watching someone throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks!

19 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

It’s nights like this that I miss Wattoo. I could do with something to laugh at.

Bucky or railwayend might be along to put a positive spin on things. I can't see it myself.

Anyone who had the misfortune to witness that today can't defend it.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No

I am literally fucking praying for someone to tell us he’s away. 

Can't see it until after Inverness. 

I'm fearful the board have made a rod for their own back by thinking we could coast through this season while working on getting the replacement in place for the summer. Unusual position to be in actually. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

I wonder if his interview will give any indication as to what's going to happen. Not even by just what he says but his general demeanour. 

His post-match with VOR pinned it squarely on the players. Difficult to see that he'll be any harsher on himself while being gobbled by AUM.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I'm not being misty eyed here but at least with Kerr you could see what he was trying to do. He was wanting to play 4-2-3-1 but he didn't have the right personnel up front. Got saddled with Dre Wright as his only striker who just wasn't up to it. Had he got a better striker in January he may have turned it around.

Did he not sign that p***k Zanatta to play up top, before he chucked it because he wanted to play out wide as he didn't like how Kerr played his striker.

Kerr was out of his depth ultimately but some things didn't go his way that would've made him a far more successful manager if they went in his favour.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

His post-match with VOR pinned it squarely on the players. Difficult to see that he'll be any harsher on himself while being gobbled by AUM.

Might just look defeated though, like Kerr did in his last interview. Although he probably knew for definite he was done after that. I wonder if he'll go on some kind of Hughes rant like he did when he was at Raith. That would be hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Mathie can’t be said to be inexperienced given he had this job at a club 5 times the size of ours.

Was it the same job with same remit and responsibilities though? Thought he was in a lesser positon at Hibs. 

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Did he not sign that p***k Zanatta to play up top, before he chucked it because he wanted to play out wide as he didn't like how Kerr played his striker.

Kerr was out of his depth ultimately but some things didn't go his way that would've made him a far more successful manager if they went in his favour.

Zanatta - what a fucking wage thief he was. He did get played up front out of desperation but sure he was singed as a winger. 

Agree he was out of his depth. Another one who could have used an experienced assistant tbh. 

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Kerr was possibly hamstrung by a relative lack of articulation. Very good football intelligence but found it difficult to translate that off of the pitch. So the club went with three subsequent managers who could just about narrate their way through a match on the radio but had little eye for anything other than direct troglodyte brain tactics.

Relitigating Mark Kerr. That's where things are now.

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

I'm still raging after that game, especially since the last game I managed to get to was Inverness away.. 

If he's still here on Saturday the fans need to send a message

He will still be here, and we’ll pick up a plucky draw against a woefully out of form Inverness team and he’ll get another stay of execution…