The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Maybe there needs to be a more co-ordinated campaign about boycotting it. Flood the socials with it.

No, they will convenience themselves it is the result of a 'campaign' rather than people simply voting with their feet.  

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No, they will convenience themselves it is the result of a 'campaign' rather than people simply voting with their feet.  

Yeah Mathie the spin doctor would be all over that.

I hope folk send a message by nut turning up but there still seems to be a remarkably large number of folk who think the clubs going in the right direction and backing Bullen. I can't get my head round it.

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Yeah Mathie the spin doctor would be all over that.

I hope folk send a message by nut turning up but there still seems to be a remarkably large number of folk who think the clubs going in the right direction and backing Bullen. I can't get my head round it.

A lot of saddos are simply impressed by money so they see stuff being built and that's enough.  

43 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He's deluded. Utterly deluded. No recognition of the fact Arbroath were literally the walking wounded. We should have won that match and he's talking about luck and everything going against us.

Even if you take that point at face value - What about them hitting the post Lee? What about Reading's foul in the box that looked like a penalty (haven't seen it back)? Was that not good luck? 

Yes, it's incredible that he wasn't asked about the penalty decision when he started banging on about luck. Arbroath can rightly feel very aggrieved about that. Paddy was asked about it and it's clear from his answer that it should have been a penalty - he said some rubbish about the fact that he slipped, as if that made any difference at all to whether it was a penalty.

I don't understand why Rose started but, even if you accept that, it's impossible to justify allowing him to come back out for the second half.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Between the new guy finding a Facebook post that obviously contains the club's true wage structure and Greenock's finest collection of virgins and terminal alcoholics invading at 2am, think it's fair to say that this thread is in about as much of a mess as the club right now.

Anyway, post-match is up. Would recommend putting the dog in the back yard first.

When you’re down the bottom of the league those little margins don’t go your way.

Are we ignoring that our opponents are even further down the league?

We’ve not had any luck refereeing decisions.

Just a stonewall Arbroath penalty not given at the end of the game.

A word of caution, people shouldn't be shamed or compelled not to go to the football if they want to. If you want to go to both games, just go. 

If you can't be fucked watching it and don't want to go, people should be honest enough to understand why. Rather than the "I'm a better fan" argument. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A word of caution, people shouldn't be shamed or compelled not to go to the football if they want to. If you want to go to both games, just go. 

If you can't be fucked watching it and don't want to go, people should be honest enough to understand why. Rather than the "I'm a better fan" argument. 

Fair dinkum. My boy wants to go on Saturday, I've told him I'm not going. Whether he goes or not is up to him.

It's hard to know what to do when you're this scunnered. I can't stand the apathy though.

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Just to clarify for those who aren’t sure if I am serious or not…..I am in no way anti-German but I am willing to go on record and say, I am not a fan of Hitlers. 

I'm quite partial to an Eva Braun cocktail.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

So how is it credible then for Ayr fans to criticise the club for *not spending money* to avoid your current predicament?

Your club and owner has spent money. It has just done so in a relatively incompetent manner.

The Ghost of Douglas Rae...

Bullen looks utterly defeated in that interview. The constant chat about a lack of luck without a single reference to Arbroath's bad luck with injuries prior to and during the game, let alone the last minute penalty call (although I haven't seen it), was outrageous.

I too can't see us getting out of this without a change to the backroom staff.