The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Really don't see how McCall or another experienced manager fits into our collegiate set up currently unless they get a free run until the end of the season.  Having other input might help McCall in stopping him building a small squad that is threadbare in the winter due to injuries. His strength was also wheeling and dealing with his pals and turning players form around. This wouldn't happen in our current set up with Glendinning finding the right 'type' of player. Whilst Bullen ultimately had a say i'm really not sure they were always his picks and would have to play the game at times.

Really not sure how we fill this relatively quickly unless McGeady and one of his pals perhaps take on an interim role. Wouldn't be against seeing what the Airdrie manager could do with a bit more cash. He's still new enough to fit inside Mathies model although perhaps we should be looking for someone that will challenge the current thinking 

Just now, AyrExile said:

Wouldn't be against seeing what the Airdrie manager could do with a bit more cash. He's still new enough to fit inside Mathies model although perhaps we should be looking for someone that will challenge the current thinking 

Right you, that’s plenty.

Rhys & Fordyce are from West Lothian and have families settled in the area, not sure how a move to Ayrshire would sit with them… and also not sure how much more attractive the Ayr job would be to Airdrie currently. Here he has the final word on recruitment and doesn’t have to answer to CEOs etc.

1 minute ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Rhys & Fordyce are from West Lothian and have families settled in the area, not sure how a move to Ayrshire would sit with them… and also not sure how much more attractive the Ayr job would be to Airdrie currently. Here he has the final word on recruitment and doesn’t have to answer to CEOs etc.

Wouldn't worry about it. We are 100% not poaching a manager who is currently in a job to come to this bin fire of a club.

There is always the Stevie Aitken theory, when a manager is in the right place at the right time, with the right players and it all works. 

They then move to another club and it doesn’t. And then another and it doesn’t 

There are a few managers that are in that boat that we will be linked with. 

3 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

We might pay him enough to pay for petrol. Our current (at time of posting) manager travels from Sheffield.  If he is ambitious enough and saw Ayr as a good move, he’d do it.

I doubt we would go for him, I doubt we’d pay compensation for a manager, maybe someone who is a coach somewhere…..and I’m not sure McCabe would be that arsed at the moment 

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Would be hilarious if this all turns out to be BS.  Would be the most entertainment we’ve had all season.

Imagine VOR blew his access over this after all the propaganda we've had to swallow.

22 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Rhys & Fordyce are from West Lothian and have families settled in the area, not sure how a move to Ayrshire would sit with them…

Ayr has Chinese takeaways and lots and lots of Rangers fans as well.

On 13/01/2024 at 18:08, Hursty said:

Decided to calm myself down a bit by thinking of the 60 quid or so I've saved thanks to my decision that if we won today I'd go to the Kelty and Arbroath home double header.  They can shove that so far up their arses now and I don't care who thinks that makes me not a true fan 🤣

Last nights announcement has probably cost me 60 quid or so.. not sure whether to be happy or raging 🤣