The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

This will no doubt be controversial but I think we need to be realistic in terms of who we can appoint. 

Bowyer or Courts aren't going to come to us with the current league position and playing squad unless David Smith is going to write a blank cheque for recruitment and cover the inevitable losses from that recruitment process with his own cash.

Both have been out of work for a while and need to get back in quickly. Ayr are 9th with a full time squad and 18 games left to turn things around. If any potential manager doesn't think things can be salvaged, they are a shitebag and we don't want them anyway. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Both have been out of work for a while and need to get back in quickly. Ayr are 9th with a full time squad and 18 games left to turn things around. If any potential manager doesn't think things can be salvaged, they are a shitebag and we don't want them anyway. 

With the north stand opening in the summer it will hopefully bring an increased player budget. Should be a no brainer for a lot of candidates looking to show success to get their next  job

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Can't go wrong with McCall, though it would make him a nomad if anything, leaving clubs for others at the first opportunity

I get that the first priority is to stay in the league and you'll likely get a bit of a bounce with McCall. Would you not be concerned he would leave you [again] if a better opportunity came up. Suppose you may get compensated tho' ...... difficult one.

14 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

I get that the first priority is to stay in the league and you'll likely get a bit of a bounce with McCall. Would you not be concerned he would leave you [again] if a better opportunity came up. Suppose you may get compensated tho' ...... difficult one.

If McCall does come in and I highly doubt he will I’d hope it’s just till the end of the season. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

I wouldn't see hin leaving again apparently only team he would leave ayr for was Partick. And I can't see him back there  .

21 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

This will no doubt be controversial but I think we need to be realistic in terms of who we can appoint. 

Bowyer or Courts aren't going to come to us with the current league position and playing squad unless David Smith is going to write a blank cheque for recruitment and cover the inevitable losses from that recruitment process with his own cash.

Yep,no chance that happens, going to be Mcall or a cheap option, end of the day we have been told wont be much action in this transfer window so whoever it is will have to get a tune out this lot that we have been  landed with.

I'm definately not opposed to McCall coming back but I think he'll be miles away from being the type of character (i.e. not a yes man), that the board would be looking for. I'd be very surprised if they went for him and can see it being another left field choice nobody seen coming. Which again I'm not opposed to as long as they've got experience.

Look at the signings we've made recently, there's no way we'll be paying for someone like Bowyer and all that entails (backroom, player budget etc).

No significant betting moves today at McBookie but I did notice that Davie White has been removed from the list. He was 6/1 3rd favourite this morning and is the one that I would back at this stage. If he delivers two wins for the club tomorrow and Tuesday he will have a 80% win record over his 5 games in charge and it would be difficult then not to offer him the job till the end of the season. McBookie could have taken some money on him today or maybe they just don't want any more money on him at this stage incase he delivers results over the next four days.

3 minutes ago, Toepoker said:

No significant betting moves today at McBookie but I did notice that Davie White has been removed from the list. He was 6/1 3rd favourite this morning and is the one that I would back at this stage. If he delivers two wins for the club tomorrow and Tuesday he will have a 80% win record over his 5 games in charge and it would be difficult then not to offer him the job till the end of the season. McBookie could have taken some money on him today or maybe they just don't want any more money on him at this stage incase he delivers results over the next four days.

Has Davie White not said previously he’s got no interest in the job? 

The concern I have is normally White comes in and the team goes 'back to basics' for a couple of weeks and it's a refreshing change for the players.  I think that everything has been basic for the last two years so may not have the same effect we are used to.  

Hopefully wrong and they win well tomorrow, we don't want a Bullenesque turning a match we should have the quality to win with a bit of a cushion into a battle.  

19 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Viviani has signed for Glenafton on loan 

Interesting Gretna have just made 5 signings today including wingers so clearly game time was going to be reduced for him and clearly Holding has done well hopefully he kicks on there