The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can someone explain what Brown achieved at Fleetwood. They look a bit of a basket case of a club from the outside. I base that entirely on the number of managers they burn through. I'm sure Joey Barton was their manager at some point. Charlie Adam is their manager now. Do they always appoint rookies?

It was mentioned on the next manager thread that he was going pretty well with them until allegations came out about the owner money laundering, ultimately leading to jail time and the club being sold off.

Scott Brown would at least ensure that the **** who attend Somerset when they can’t get tickets for their big team, start to f**k off. 

I think he’d make demands of Mathie and Smith as well though. A guy with his career is going to have high standards and that might be just what we need. Although it’ll either be great or end in a disaster. I see he had Steven Whittaker at Fleetwood with him. Would be interested to see if he was brought in as well or if he gets someone else. 

Maybe that's what we need, Bullen was likely thankfully for a full time team to take a chance on him and maybe did not rock the boat, Brown is a major personality in Scottish football who would maybe hold Bullen and Smith to account and not just be happy for the opportunity.

42 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can someone explain what Brown achieved at Fleetwood. They look a bit of a basket case of a club from the outside. I base that entirely on the number of managers they burn through. I'm sure Joey Barton was their manager at some point. Charlie Adam is their manager now. Do they always appoint rookies?

He took over a side that avoided relegation on the final day of the season and took them to 13th the following season along with their best ever FA Cup run where they beat QPR and Sheffield Wednesday.

I see people saying Brown will either be a triumph or a disaster on the field, but I think you're all completely underestimating the possibility of things just being ok indefinitely.