The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Surprised McCabe is being mentioned. Him and his cousin are players/coaches there and I doubt both would be brought in under dual rules. 

We do also need a central midfielder and centre back…

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Was "the wedge" not a 2002 thing? 

Bleached fringe was one of the many horrors that the Ayr Academy catchment area inflicted on the town in the 90s. Maybe that's where Ronaldo got it. We did have Ayrton Senna already, so quite the influence on Brazil at that time.

McCabe would be a solid appointment as a manager and a good signing as a player especially if he brings Fordyce with him, but I can't see it happening.

Also if we had approached him and he was being interviewed you'd expect a statement from Airdrie saying they've granted permission for him to speak to us.

Edited by GuyIncognito

We do not have the players to play the football McCabe likes to play so to get on board you'd have to be accepting that relegation is entirely possible and the appointment is about the future.  

Would our support go wi that? 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We do not have the players to play the football McCabe likes to play so to get on board you'd have to be accepting that relegation is entirely possible and the appointment is about the future.  

If it meant getting it up Airdrie? Aye 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Barry Cowan on Facebook heard from a director yesterday that we have a 5 man shortlist and today at least 3 of them will have their final face to face interview with the remaining 2 to be spoken to tomorrow. Wednesday seems to be the day that we’re looking to announce. 

Someone under the same post also said Rhys McCabe is one of the final five. 

Not sure I believe that. I doubt a director would just spurt that out considering how hush hush it’s all been. 

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Not sure I believe that. I doubt a director would just spurt that out considering how hush hush it’s all been. 

Barry Cowan is in with the club so I’d be surprised if he’s making it up. Director isn’t really giving anything away tbh. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

IMO, McCabe has shown an ability to adapt from what I’ve seen… 

Given he also comes with himself as a central midfielder and Fordyce as a centre back you aren’t then talking too many signings to make his style work. That would be a lot to do in January though, so I don’t think he would try and change absolutely everything immediately anyway. 

Still don’t see why he would be interested given our risky current position. 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thinking about the cup draw later. I don't want a team we already play at least 4 times a season, don't want the DKBs and don't want the OF at Somerset due to the trouble and bile that brings. Not asking for much am I 😂

Would take:

Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Bonnyrigg, Cove/Brora, St Mirren, Motherwell

Will cry if:

Livingston, Partick, Airdrie, Morton, Inverness

Split on getting Killie because on one hand, it’s an occasion to look forward to in this shite season but on the other hand, we’d be lucky to get a shot on target.