The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Also Hearts were on BBC yesterday, Saturday midday so I don't think it's set in stone 

Basing this off Round 5 last year. BBC had Hamilton v Hearts on Friday night and Darvel v Falkirk on Monday. Viaplay had Celtic v St Mirren on Saturday evening and Rangers v Partick on Sunday afternoon 

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Realistically how much is this worth to us £300?

We get 40% of gate receipts after costs (stewarding etc) plus whatever the 5th round feels for TV is, plus the prize money for exiting at this round.  

Somewhere in the Dipo transfer fee region if it was sold out at £20 tickets.  

Edited by itzdrk

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm actually quite gutted about this draw tbh. Passionately hate Sevco, their patter, their arrogance and their need to bring religion into everything.

It's amazing that half my son's football team are all out diehard Kilmarnock fans, until Sevco get Ayr at Ibrox.

I hate Gloryseekers.

Genuinely there are no words in the English language that can adequately articulate how much I fucking despise that club and the other one.

They are a cancer on Scottish society.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Genuinely there are no words in the English language that can adequately articulate how much I fucking despise that club and the other one.

I hate them more than every team that is in existence or has ever been in existence. Sorry if that’s a bit of an over exaggeration but their fans make it VERY easy to hate everything about them. 

I’ve been dreading a game against Rangers for the last couple seasons. 95% of pupils at my work, and also my boss and other colleagues are Rangers season ticket holders. I’m going to get it tight. IF we were to get a result, it would be carnage in my class on the Monday, I’d never let any of them live it down. 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

The thought of going there genuinely upsets me. Thanks for the money but my overwhelming hatred for that team means I'll never be able to set foot in the place. I can't walk past that disgrace of a shop in town without getting a mouth full of vomit, being in a place full of them will be too much for me.

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm actually quite gutted about this draw tbh. Passionately hate Sevco, their patter, their arrogance and their need to bring religion into everything.

It's amazing that half my son's football team are all out diehard Kilmarnock fans, until Sevco get Ayr at Ibrox.

I hate Gloryseekers.

I'm gutted as well. I get the money factor. Of course I do, but from a fan view first, in terms of a tie, it's the worst possible draw imaginable. 

Totally gutted.

Just now, Utdtillidie2 said:

I hate them more than every team that is in existence or has ever been in existence. Sorry if that’s a bit of an over exaggeration but their fans make it VERY easy to hate everything about them. 

I couldn't agree more. Passionately. 

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Realistically how much is this worth to us £300?

Rangers had 45,000 at their game v Partick at this stage last season. Home team gets to keep some gate money to cover for stewarding costs which is usually about 1/8th of gate income and then the rest is split.

Assuming £25 per head then 45k x 25 = £1.125 million. 1/8th deducted for stewarding = £140625.

Leaves £984,375 to be split evenly, leaves us with about £492,000.

£25 per head is quite an optimistic estimate but even then it shows how much this game could be worth to us financially. Fingers crossed Smith can put the money to good use!

Bowyer/Courts will want £1500/£2000k per week probably that leaves money over for a new set of full backs, striker and maybe a new midfielder anything left over can go into getting the bits of the stand that were put on hold done quicker.

Edited by Superhursy7

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I hate Gloryseekers.

Funny that my boy plays for Valspar and out of 18 boys , 2 Killie fans, 2 Ayr fans, 1 Celtic and the rest **** of which all their parents turn up like an advertisement for the Rangers catalogue.

Just now, Killiefan said:

Funny that my boy plays for Valspar and out of 18 boys , 2 Killie fans, 2 Ayr fans, 1 Celtic and the rest **** of which all their parents turn up like an advertisement for the Rangers catalogue.

And my boys not ginger.

9 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Basing this off Round 5 last year. BBC had Hamilton v Hearts on Friday night and Darvel v Falkirk on Monday. Viaplay had Celtic v St Mirren on Saturday evening and Rangers v Partick on Sunday afternoon 

I don’t think (know) if there’s set slots but viaplay get first pick so they’ll likely choose the Saturday or Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Bowyer/Courts will want £1500/£2000k probably that leaves money over for a new set of full backs, striker and maybe a new midfielder anything left over can go into getting the bits of the stand that were put on hold done quicker.

Mark Roberts was on £40k

Any Ayr manager would struggle to break the £60k pa I would guess