The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’m not sure how accurate it is, but Transfermarkt lists Brown’s favoured formation as a 4-2-3-1. 

If that is the case it would be a central attacking midfielder, and as others have said a right back that can also cover LB. 

Depending on the injuries to Amartey and McGeady we might need a wide midfielder too. 

In an ideal world you get a CH and striker too, but I think I would be happy enough with two quality additions as that would significantly improve us. 

24 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

Just a happy wee honest man being the mascot the other night. Might take him some time to recover 😁

IMG_2721.jpeg

That's a cracking photo! Wee man looks over the moon. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That is the position we have zero cover for

Yes, however we have zero competent players at right back. 

We aren’t bringing in two full backs, and I know which I would rather address as it could improve the team dramatically.  In an emergency someone can shift across. 

Rocco Vata would be a realistic loan I guess but Celtic have a lot of injuries in that position so it’s unlikely. Hopefully there will be a few players in the premier looking to go, Livingston must be due a fire sale to get some better players in, same with Ross County 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Rocco Vata would be a realistic loan I guess but Celtic have a lot of injuries in that position so it’s unlikely. Hopefully there will be a few players in the premier looking to go, Livingston must be due a fire sale to get some better players in, same with Ross County 

Trying to think of other contacts: the only player I could really think of was Ryan Duncan at Aberdeen who can play across the attacking midfield positions. You’ve obviously got Connor Smith at Hearts, but seems St Johnstone are interested in him…

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Trying to think of other contacts: the only player I could really think of was Ryan Duncan at Aberdeen who can play across the attacking midfield positions. You’ve obviously got Connor Smith at Hearts, but seems St Johnstone are interested in him…

I had a look at Kelly at Livingston in the hope that he’s kicking about on the bench but according to Wikipedia, hes been playing regularly. 

I’d prefer to sign someone outright as it’ll give us continuity next season and means it’s business we don’t have to try to do in the summer.

Signing Chalmers and Dowds now would mean it would be potentially 2 more loans we could make domestically.