The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Best part of the CIS cup final day was Ally McLeod walking to his seat and every Ayr fan applauding him and showing how beloved he was, Dalziel was not in the same planet as a manger or man.

He was a couple of rows behind me with his wife. Broke your heart to see him looking a bit lost.

The club should be speaking to Richard Merry and asking him not to embarrass the club. Especially as he is the stadium announcer. If he was just a random punter then fair enough, crack on with the cringe fest videos, but as a “representative” of the club it really is embarrassing. Scott Brown has obviously had his fair share of random/weird videos posted about him during his Celtic days, but in the small Ayr United world, it just screams tinpottery! 

Also to a post earlier about the badge, I really do prefer the new badge, which I know isn’t a popular opinion. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I prefer the new badge too. So much more asethically pleasing 

That’s my main reason too, but probably also to do with the success we had with the new badge after over a decade of shite. I started going home and away in 2005, but been going since about 1999/2000. I associate the old badge with what felt like an eternity in the Second Division, and players like Paul Weaver, Eddie Forrest, and David Dunn. New badge, I associate with Lawrence Shankland and winning the league. 

4 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

The club should be speaking to Richard Merry and asking him not to embarrass the club. Especially as he is the stadium announcer. If he was just a random punter then fair enough, crack on with the cringe fest videos, but as a “representative” of the club it really is embarrassing. Scott Brown has obviously had his fair share of random/weird videos posted about him during his Celtic days, but in the small Ayr United world, it just screams tinpottery! 

Also to a post earlier about the badge, I really do prefer the new badge, which I know isn’t a popular opinion. 

It was Smith that literally brought him back. I'm sure he not only endorses it but is lapping it up along with everyone else who likes this type of shite.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

It was Smith that literally brought him back. I'm sure he not only endorses it but is lapping it up along with everyone else who likes this type of shite.

As I said the other day, I hope Brown has some sway like McCall did to get idiots like that out the club. Egotistical maniac who didn’t attend for years. 

Just now, Ayr23 said:

As I said the other day, I hope Brown has some sway like McCall did to get idiots like that out the club. Egotistical maniac who didn’t attend for years. 

I'd imagine that would be at the very bottom of Brown's to do list. We can only hope he's daft enough to burst into the dressing room again while Brown is giving his team talk.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Aye Smith (and Mathie) strike me as pair that would love all this kind of thing

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'd imagine that would be at the very bottom of Brown's to do list. We can only hope he's daft enough to burst into the dressing room again while Brown is giving his team talk.

I would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall if he did that. 

To be honest I think there is so little engagement in the shite that he puts out that it'll fly pretty much under the radar. Nobody, at all, cares about it.

Folk might be aware that it exists but they won't watch it, retweet or anything else.

He'll get the message soon enough.

The stadium announcer thing though needs addressed. He's got to be told.

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Mate, you had your 5 minutes of infamy with your shite karaoke 13 years ago. f**k off now. 

Still canny believe the c**t had the audacity to rebrand to Hampden Boab when it suited him 😂😂

Just now, Nelson said:

Somebody needs to have a word with somebody.  That’s a total embarrassment to the club.  It’s liable to get a bit of traction in the media as well given it’s Scott Brown.

I was going to say no one will notice it, but he spammed the life out of Twitter with his “Hampden Boab” song. 

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Still canny believe the c**t had the audacity to rebrand to Hampden Boab when it suited him 😂😂

Do you not remember when West Brom were sponsored by Bodog he called himself Boing Boing Boab and done a couple of songs for them.