The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The funniest moment was when Mcallister and chalmers were in the corner trying to see the game out and Mcallister plays the ball back to chalmers who was off side. I say funny but it was frustrating that they couldn’t do that simple thing without fucking it up

25 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The funniest moment was when Mcallister and chalmers were in the corner trying to see the game out and Mcallister plays the ball back to chalmers who was off side. I say funny but it was frustrating that they couldn’t do that simple thing without fucking it up

You couldn't make it up. It's daft things like that that can cost you. Decision making definately wasn't the best yesterday at times. Had a good few promising breaks where the final pass or finish wasn't good enough.

Hopefully that'll improve as confidence comes back though.

With the lack of quality in this league certain teams do well against particular styles and struggle against others. QP are on of the teams we like playing against and good to get the points as i think their new manager will change their luck soon. Six points in a week is massive and with the throat cutting we may only require another 3/4 wins to be safe. Hopefully a bit of a cushion to work with giving the new management team time to assess and avoid pressure decisions. 

17 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

With the lack of quality in this league certain teams do well against particular styles and struggle against others. QP are on of the teams we like playing against and good to get the points as i think their new manager will change their luck soon. Six points in a week is massive and with the throat cutting we may only require another 3/4 wins to be safe. Hopefully a bit of a cushion to work with giving the new management team time to assess and avoid pressure decisions. 

Huge 3 points yesterday. At the minute and to be honest from before the season started, I'd have been happy with survival.

Obviously the play offs would be nice for the extra money but next season will be where we really need to kick on.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Give him a break. The offside rule is probably quite difficult to understand if you're not a football player.

24 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

A wee YouTuber has put a vlog up from the game yesterday

Mackenzie (I think) slipped on the surface for the free kick by the looks of it 😂 , never a foul 

IMG_4101.gif

Welsh sticks his hands out at the same time Mckensie slips so while I don’t think it’s a free kick I can understand why the ref gave it

27 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

A wee YouTuber has put a vlog up from the game yesterday

Mackenzie (I think) slipped on the surface for the free kick by the looks of it 😂 , never a foul 

IMG_4101.gif

I didn't think it was a foul at the game but this view looks like he straight armed McKenzie.

McKenzie's rapid transition into Jack Grealish is certainly welcome. Would be nice if the club could find a way to inject the ghost of Cafu into the fullbacks by next Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

McKenzie's rapid transition into Jack Grealish is certainly welcome. Would be nice if the club could find a way to inject the ghost of Cafu into the fullbacks by next Saturday.

I had to Google to check Cafu was still alive there. Great player he was.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Think I saw somewhere we took nearly 1,000 supporters yesterday?

If so, that is quite impressive.

I’m glad I went and broke my season 23/24 jinx 

I don't know if we hit 1,000. It couldn't have been far away tbh. Was great to have such a good turnout and have the singing and atmosphere back.

I enjoyed watching Brown on the touchline, he was living every moment and so animated. 

We're just at the start of this journey but it augurs well.

In terms of my expectations. I'd like to be safe from the relegation battle. Mid-table obscurity would suit me fine this season.

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I don't know if we hit 1,000. It couldn't have been far away tbh. Was great to have such a good turnout and have the singing and atmosphere back.

I enjoyed watching Brown on the touchline, he was living every moment and so animated. 

We're just at the start of this journey but it augurs well.

In terms of my expectations. I'd like to be safe from the relegation battle. Mid-table obscurity would suit me fine this season.

I think the crowd was announced as 986 away fans