The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think I've been on a supporters bus once (up to Easter Road) for the first leg of the Cup game where we knocked Hibs out at Somerset (with Roberts scoring that infamous goal). I tend to make my own way to games. Given I'm not in Ayr it's not really something I can get too bothered about either way.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Someone on twitter talking about a Harry McHugh. 1 appearance for Wigan and 2 for Chester according to Wiki, he’s 21 :lol:

I think he’s had more than two appearances for Chester as their fans seemed quite disappointed to lose him. Unless they just get massively attached to loan players after two games.  

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think he’s had more than two appearances for Chester as their fans seemed quite disappointed to lose him. Unless they just get massively attached to loan players after two games.  

Well wiki saying striker, transfer market saying defender and definitive mid so who knows haha. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Well wiki saying striker, transfer market saying defender and definitive mid so who knows haha. 

Soccerbase are generally pretty reliable for stats, provided it’s not non league and they have him down for 12 games for Wigan stretching back to 2020. No mention of the Chester stats but I’m guessing he was playing semi regularly for them. 

We do need a ball winner but I had my hopes up for Spong after you mentioned him earlier. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Soccerbase are generally pretty reliable for stats, provided it’s not non league and they have him down for 12 games for Wigan stretching back to 2020. No mention of the Chester stats but I’m guessing he was playing semi regularly for them. 

We do need a ball winner but I had my hopes up for Spong after you mentioned him earlier. 

Aye haha if he can cover defence and midfield it’s areas where we need. If him and an attacking midfielder comes in you can’t grumble at that. 

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye haha if he can cover defence and midfield it’s areas where we need. If him and an attacking midfielder comes in you can’t grumble at that. 

McHugh would be a Brown signing as well as he’ll probably have been in touch with Maloney who’s in charge there. If that’s the case then at least he’s getting his own signings in. 

Feel like we need another forward as you say but not an out and out striker. 

Looking into it  more, it seems that he can play across the 3 behind the striker. 

He actually played against Scott Brown's Fleetwood team last season as a CAM

Spoiler

but was hooked at half time.  

Think getting a full back in is more important.  

Has Ahui left?  Still not seen anything official on that.  

Still time I guess, but this is threatening to be a really poor transfer window given the 250k windfall.  We’re short in almost every department and with 3 leaving, we’re also short of numbers.

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Waiting for official word?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

But seriously

Goodfellas GIF

Sorry, I'm probably now seen as a traitor who is trying to give a competitive advantage to Dundee United. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Still time I guess, but this is threatening to be a really poor transfer window given the 250k windfall.  We’re short in almost every department and with 3 leaving, we’re also short of numbers.

Don’t be silly, Whittaker can cover Rb and cm and brown can also cover cm…