The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

How can he only be 31.

weird innit, sure he was in the charts when I was at school and I'm 50 this year

It's OK, the manager has already said he will be using all his contacts to ensure there are quality additions. Just a matter of waiting.

16 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's OK, the manager has already said he will be using all his contacts to ensure there are quality additions. Just a matter of waiting.

Just have to hope none of them are the same person that recommended Bangala. 

Not signing someone today doesn't mean we aren't signing anyone, we will get the two bodies in over the next few weeks.  

I see someone on the St Mirren thread suggesting Lewis Jamieson to us if you are looking for a new rumour to cling onto like your life depends on it.  

I’m guessing we have irons in the fires and players identified, but as we all know, we won’t be breaking the bank on wages, so we will just need to wait a bit longer.

It would have been nice to have kept the momentum and feel good vibes going with another couple of players in by now, but here we are.

I’m still hoping we pull off a couple of more than decent signings.

The only concerns around not getting someone in this week are around Brown having very little to work with squad wise right now, as well as the market hugely narrowing after tonight! We don’t exactly have the best track record recently of attracting the most sought after Scottish players for our division - whether that’s on loan or otherwise. 

I would be shocked if we don't get any one in today granted the loan window is still open but Brown could be the best manager in the world but without at the very least strengthening the RB position (I don't think Sanders has been brought in to play RB) and potentially a creative midfielder we are going to be closer to relegation play offs than Promotion play offs, right now with the current squad I'd rip your arm off for 8th

It’s frustrating seeing the teams round about us sign players and thinking, yip, they’d have been good, while we have been kicking our heels and only signing a player pretty much everyone had to google when he joined.

They said they are trying to get bodies in before the window closes which suggested cross border or permanent. If no one comes in, do we assume they failed? 
We will 100% get loan signings but the prospect of waiting another 4 weeks to pick up a player is concerning. 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Would have Bangala back in a heartbeat. A man of the highest calibre.

When you say back, did anyone actually touch him?  Was he real?  Was he just a manifestation of all of our hopes and dreams?