The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hiya Craig or a member of the Samson family 😂

Nope just remember how good he was best keeper we had since Nelson when he was with them 

Player/coach would be a no brainer

Also what makes you think that the new Aber sheep boss hasn't his own man in mind to bring with him?

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

That's true, let's see if Brown can use his Celtic connections and bring in Kenny Dalglish to the end of the season.

Get Henry Templeton, David Craig, John Robertson, Glynn Hurst and Marvyn Wilson back in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

How do you know that is doesn't want to make a playing come back?Do you him exactly wouldn't even suprise me if he was playing Over 35 in Mulgrews Sunday team its full of ex professionals

Bet you didn't even know about that stuck in your wee Ayrshire village away from civilization 

With your knowledge of the footballing world who are the standout keepers in the lower English leagues? Our next keeper is quite likely to come from some of these places. Your pal Mulgrew made reference to punt signings yesterday when describing Celtic and it sounded very similar to our model 

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

That's true, let's see if Brown can use his Celtic connections and bring in Kenny Dalglish to the end of the season.

Keepers are different they train play a lot longer they do same drills with the keepers there training big Rab Douglas went on for years might still be even playing same type of shit playing and coaching 

Its cool everyone fire away with your negativty just cos its my idea 

Would be funny as f u c k though if it actually happened 😀😀😀

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

With your knowledge of the footballing world who are the standout keepers in the lower English leagues? Our next keeper is quite likely to come from some of these places. Your pal Mulgrew made reference to punt signings yesterday when describing Celtic and it sounded very similar to our model 

I don't watch the English lower leagues never have it was the Scottish lower leagues that I watched for a few seasons

And even then finding a good keeper was very hard not a lot of them around and the ones who are good from AF will usually end up going down to play English reserve football 

I have watched English championship and league one on TV but there is no chance Ayr would attract a good one from there unless they pay the wages

Wonder if we will bring in a couple of loans during the week?, I still think we need a right back McAllister is a likable guy who no doubt puts 100% in but he's just not good enough at this level. I also think we need another attacker ideally one who could score 5 to 10 before the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I don't watch the English lower leagues never have it was the Scottish lower leagues that I watched for a few seasons

And even then finding a good keeper was very hard not a lot of them around and the ones who are good from AF will usually end up going down to play English reserve football 

I have watched English championship and league one on TV but there is no chance Ayr would attract a good one from there unless they pay the wages

We tend to do a lot of shopping in the likes of the national or isthmian league. More likely to come from these pastures as a couple of levels between Aberdeen and ourselves 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

We tend to do a lot of shopping in the likes of the national or isthmian league. More likely to come from these pastures as a couple of levels between Aberdeen and ourselves 

And that level is probably on apar with West of Scottish Premier league but I'll not go there cos Partick Thistle can buy from that league yet Ayr can't bit strange but there you go

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In terms of a new goalie it wouldn’t shock me if we tried for Doohan in the summer.

I'd be awfully surprised if Aberdeen were willing to let a 25-year-old keeper away with a year on his contract without a fee. And a season-long loan is yet another banana peel which leaves Ayr in an awkward and unfavourable position at the end of the season if he lives up to expectations. (That said, yes, in a heartbeat).

Who knows what's up with Albinson, but the club has to sort it out. His gaffes aren't even systemic (save for that they seem to often occur when he tries to save with something other than his hands) and you'd think that could get coached out.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I'd be awfully surprised if Aberdeen were willing to let a 25-year-old keeper away with a year on his contract without a fee. And a season-long loan is yet another banana peel which leaves Ayr in an awkward and unfavourable position at the end of the season if he lives up to expectations. (That said, yes, in a heartbeat).

Who knows what's up with Albinson, but the club has to sort it out. His gaffes aren't even systemic (save for that they seem to often occur when he tries to save with something other than his hands) and you'd think that could get coached out.

I suggested Doohan with absolutely no idea what his contract situation was like. If he has a year to go then he’ll be at the mercy of whoever the Aberdeen manager is in the summer. Stranger things have happened.

On Albinson, is it possible that he has signed elsewhere for next season and as a result his performances have dropped. We saw it with Rose for a brief spell after he signed for Coventry. 

It might just be a bad spell but to go from being one of the best goalies in the league to letting in the two goals he did yesterday is just bizarre and is a cause for concern. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I suggested Doohan with absolutely no idea what his contract situation was like. If he has a year to go then he’ll be at the mercy of whoever the Aberdeen manager is in the summer. Stranger things have happened.

On Albinson, is it possible that he has signed elsewhere for next season and as a result his performances have dropped. We saw it with Rose for a brief spell after he signed for Coventry. 

It might just be a bad spell but to go from being one of the best goalies in the league to letting in the two goals he did yesterday is just bizarre and is a cause for concern. 

Doohan could go back and play down south the more realistic likelyhood is he will go were the managers are down there that signed him before if remember correctly he had a few options