The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We have a tough run of games coming up, but fingers crossed we have enough. 

We absolutely are, but it is still a gamble to hope that is enough - particularly given how tight it’s looking for ninth place. 

If we avoid any more long-term injuries we will be fine. I feel encouraged that the youth players can step up and be counted. I didn't have that confidence in them  a couple of months ago.  Teams around us will falter. 

20 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I was also very close to that mutant. An absolute nutter. There were a good number of those weirdos that didn't watch the game, just spent the whole time trying to wind up folk that couldn't have cared less. 

They then got very animated when the "walking away is the Rangers way" and "you're no Rangers anymore" were sung. They all claim that stuff doesn't bother them, but it very clearly does. Pleasing.

One particular guy who hadn’t bothered with the away fans all game, went absolutely mental, like heart attack inducing, at the dirty orange b*****ds song in the second half. Could tell that one hit close to home.

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

After watching  the highlights you should have been playing against 9 men.Goldson should have seen a straight red and Silva should have been given a 2 yellow but Willie Crumble and VAR shit it

Only in Scotland would VAR be introduced during a cup round of 16 and then only employed for two specific ties.

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

After watching  the highlights you should have been playing against 9 men.Goldson should have seen a straight red and Silva should have been given a 2 yellow but Willie Crumble and VAR shit it

You only saw the sevco highlights.  We were better than they showed. Ref and linesmen were terrible 

That's unbelievable that VAR didn't even look at that Goldson tackle, i did think it looked naughty at the time although not surprising f**k all was done with Andrew Dallas on VAR...

If Syla goes crashing to the ground and rolls about the place like he has been shot they probably bother to actually look at it

11 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

That's unbelievable that VAR didn't even look at that Goldson tackle, i did think it looked naughty at the time although not surprising f**k all was done with Andrew Dallas on VAR...

If Syla goes crashing to the ground and rolls about the place like he has been shot they probably bother to actually look at it

Cos he managed to keep going means can't have that much in it although it did look bad. But VAR should have at least looked at it.  Lots of shiting it from all the officials tonight,  especially the linesman nearest us in the second half.

Finally back after making a day of the bright lights of Glasgow! As I predicted, it was 2-0. No disgrace in that performance. We had a few chances and didn't park the bus like many "bigger" teams do. Nice for the young lads to get some playing time on the big stage. Tomlinson was solid enough when he came on, and Guthrie with his competitive debut (I think).

Bodes well for us having a performance like that against one of Scotlands top teams. Also pleasing to see Brown is maybe going to give youth a chance. Nothing pleases me more than seeing young local lads playing for the Super 

Tomlinson I think if giving training by say Whittaker on how to play RB he could be a potential class Wing Back loves to go foward has an engine and has pretty good height on him so would be interesting to see how many more chances he’ll get now that he could possible play in both positions on the right hand side

Glad that’s the pantomime over and I was out the country for it. Seems we took a good crowd up, fingers crossed we can take a decent support to Airdrie on Saturday for what is without a doubt a bigger game than today was. 

With a decent windfall made from the game I’d hope to see 1 or 2 additions in before end of February. A right back and attacking midfielder being the priorities imo. 

Watched the game on Via. Just caught up with the past 10 pages of opinions. Very shaky first 10 then settled pretty well I thought. As many have said, a very good account of us I thought.

I don't see where all the anti Chalmers hate is coming from but maybe the disparity between watching live V T.V.?  

The difference in us, in the space of four weeks, is astonishing as far as I'm concerned. 

Would very much take a comfy 7th place finish for this season after the horrific start we had. I was a firm bullen out from January '23.

On this trajectory, I will buy my first season ticket in 10 years come July. 

I think we've found a management team that matches Smith's ambition/view of the future for AUFC 👌

Mathie is still a middle management waffle merchant but the lack of public input from him of late makes me believe he was trying to cover for BGM in spades. 

All in, nothing but positives. And I'm the most anti-happy-clapper fan you'll meet 🤣

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

3 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Watched the game on Via. Just caught up with the past 10 pages of opinions. Very shaky first 10 then settled pretty well I thought. As many have said, a very good account of us I thought.

I don't see where all the anti Chalmers hate is coming from but maybe the disparity between watching live V T.V.?  

The difference in us, in the space of four weeks, is astonishing as far as I'm concerned. 

Would very much take a comfy 7th place finish for this season after the horrific start we had. I was a firm bullen out from January '23.

On this trajectory, I will buy my first season ticket in 10 years come July. 

I think we've found a management team that matches Smith's ambition/view of the future for AUFC 👌

Mathie is still a middle management waffle merchant but the lack of public input from him of late makes me believe he was trying to cover for BGM in spades. 

All in, nothing but positives. And I'm the most anti-happy-clapper fan you'll meet 🤣

Excellent post, I think you're right in the viewing live vs on TV

Having to listen to TomCommentator should be against the Geneva Convention 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

If syla had went down on that goldson challenge. Goldson was off .reckless challenge. 

It just sums up referees, who basically encourage diving tbh. 

He was incredibly lucky to stay on the park. 

8 hours ago, Rb123 said:

VAR fucked yous, this is the same Andrew Dalllas who called the ref over to send Ndaba off for a challenge nowhere near as bad as Goldsons 2 weeks ago. Rangers put pressure on Collum with their comments during the week and it worked perfectly for them yesterday.

Just watched Sportscene. Don’t know why I bothered. Kenny Miller didn’t see any problem with any the challenges and talked entire pish throughout. Collum bottled it all day. Goldson straight red or at least a yellow. Silva should have been off and then no booking for Cantwell for his rant. Time for him to hang up his whistle.