The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

It kind of looks very much like performance issues to me? 

Given he was only dropped after poor performances. 

A performance so bad he was dropped in favour of a 19 year old loanee who was just signed this morning? 

Not buying it. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

The people that said Sanders is a good solid centre back can stand in the corner and face the wall until further notice.  I would also love to see the recruitment analysis that led us to sign Willoughby - he’s so bad I’m actually starting to believe we should have kept Rose. 

Any hope I had that Chalmers might respond the right way to his recent kick up the backside were well and truly dashed today.  Would much rather we’d thrown on Amartey or Tomlinson than McGeady right enough - at least there’s a possibility of him being pacey and direct.

Been impressed with Brown, but there’s only so much you can do with such a chronically poor group of players.  I really hope we don’t pay the price for not strengthening in January.

I mean, shouldn't really be surprised if Willoughby turns out to be another dud. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

A performance so bad he was dropped in favour of a 19 year old loanee who was just signed this morning? 

Not buying it. 

Playing in front of a makeshift defence. It’s either a problem with Albinson and the club or a massive call by Brown that has effectively ended Albinson career at Ayr. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Playing in front of a makeshift defence. It’s either a problem with Albinson and the club or a massive call by Brown that has effectively ended Albinson career at Ayr. 

Yeah add a keeper to the list for next season too. 

I don’t think Jermaine Hylton ever signed for anyone?

Six goals and an assist in fifteen, playing across wide midfield and up front for Arbroath. 

Would give us a bit of quality that we are lacking, and impact our starting side straight away. 

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Yeah fair. I had high(er) hopes for the window and kept an open mind but the signings have not been what I had hoped for.

Sanders had a Knudsen type game where almost anything he did was a calamity. Raith had 3 shots on goal in the first half and all 3 were the exact same ball over his head that he stood and watched. 

41 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Chalmers was poor but would rather have kept him on then bring McGeady on

I thought he had taken a knock to his ankle just before he came off?

He certainly didn't have much success today, but neither did Murphy. I agree with those who have commented that Willoughby looks hopeless - I don't imagine he will get much more game time. Would bite your hand off for a draw on Tuesday evening.

I really hope Brown shakes things up behind the scenes as well as on the pitch.  There was always a suspicion our problems went beyond Lee Bullen - there is clearly something structurally wrong at the club when we keep going out and signing utter dross like Willoughby.   

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

You have to take the rough with the smooth when Chalmers is concerned, if he was even 60% consistent he’d be playing outside Scotland. 

Yeah - he just needs to be allowed to play through it. 

Hopefully Brown doesn’t do anything stupid like play Bryden over him again.  A poor Chalmers performance is pretty much just the same as a Bryden performance in wide midfield anyway. 

Just now, Nelson said:

I’d love to say he was to blame for Sanders being a yard too slow or us carrying no goal threat from open play, but it just isn’t so.

Re Sanders. He seems to be one of these players every club has where a lot of the fans think the manager is off his head for not giving him a chance. I’ve personally never been impressed and I think League One is probably his level.

56 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You pepper comedic posts with salient posts and I don't know if I’m coming or going with some of your posts. This being one of them. Your trend is to ‘tread a fine line’ between truth and fiction. I’m a fan of it but sometimes I’m just like “ffs Richey”. 

Bit personal there shizzle....

3 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Bit personal there shizzle....

Richey is a great poster and he knows it. No ‘shade’ was meant to be thrown here. Just pointing out that sometimes his comedic posts tread the truth line. Can be confusing but I’m still a fan. Btw, Ayr v Partick on Tuesday this Tuesday is cancelled.

3 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

That performance was as bad as anything right up there when Bullen was here,there are too many poor players at the club,goes to show how poor this league is now that were not in Arbroath's position.

Of the team on the park today, I’d keep McGinty, Sylla and  Dowds.  Wouldn’t be the least bit fussed about seeing any of the rest of them next season.