The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

They know better than me sure. Just think for a forward player he should be contributing more assists/goals for one.

The only reason McKenzie is playing is because we are so short of options.  It’s a staggering indictment of our dreadful recruitment over the last 2 years that we’re still being forced to play a striker who has scored 1 league goal all season and has a career average of barely 1 in 15.  But it sort of makes sense when we consider the alternatives to be Sam Ashford, Chris Maguire, Ahkeem Rose, Brad Young and now Kurt Willoughby.  Brown’s comment about a lack of link up play with Dowds should not go unnoticed.

24 minutes ago, Nelson said:

The only reason McKenzie is playing is because we are so short of options.  It’s a staggering indictment of our dreadful recruitment over the last 2 years that we’re still being forced to play a striker who has scored 1 league goal all season and has a career average of barely 1 in 15.  But it sort of makes sense when we consider the alternatives to be Sam Ashford, Chris Maguire, Ahkeem Rose, Brad Young and now Kurt Willoughby.  Brown’s comment about a lack of link up play with Dowds should not go unnoticed.

Brad Young moved to the Welsh league and turned into the ginger Akinyemi. 

12 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Any truth to these James Forrest rumours that seem to be gathering momentum...

Would take him in a heartbeat. Instant upgrade on Mcgeady.

Though it's probably down to Scott Brown playing with him at Celtic, that the rumours have emerged. Mind you, think he has family in Prestwick, might be wrong.

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would take him in a heartbeat. Instant upgrade on Mcgeady.

Though it's probably down to Scott Brown playing with him at Celtic, that the rumours have emerged. Mind you, think he has family in Prestwick, might be wrong.

Him and Alan went to Prestwick Academy, fairly sure their family are still local.

Edited by AUcal

16 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Him and Alan went to Prestwick Academy, fairly sure their family are still local.

Yeah, he played for Caledonian ☺️

Might be looked at in that sense, closer to family and so on, however, I think he still has a role to play under Rogers. Would be a stand out signing for Ayr though.

18 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Aye they are. Pretty sure his dad organises a Celtic bus from Prestwick to go up to Glasgow. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

That looks like he's got a new pope mobile. I'm pretty sure last time I saw it, it was blue.

It's a definite upgrade, Ayr badge displayed and a hole in the back to trail his scarf 👍

I want to know the speed of that bad boy! 🚗 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

It's a definite upgrade, Ayr badge displayed and a hole in the back to trail his scarf 👍

I want to know the speed of that bad boy! 🚗 

it's quicker then McGeady that's for certain

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Only thing in the world slower than McGeady is a Lee Bullen team "turning the corner".

I raise you Kevin Kyle when he was at Ayr. Had the height of a tree but also the mobility of one.

11 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Any truth to these James Forrest rumours that seem to be gathering momentum...

I'm interested to hear about this momentum. How is it measured?