The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd take Somerset every day over these Lego type stadiums. Saying that it's very uninspiring along the back of Somerset Road. What ever happend to the mural thing Mathie talked about in the video? There's a few other things I'd like to see upgraded as well as the place does look shabby in parts 

Oh, without a doubt there's plenty of dilapidation but as have seen, money is now getting spent. For myself, even something as simple as the toilets being pulled down and modern worksite type units installed makes a massive difference to the match day experience. I don't know how good murals would look, okay initially they would be mint but 5-10 years down the line? 

19 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

To give big lach some credit, he was good at protecting the club from snake oil / Lyle Lanley types.

Remember that Hugh Clarke bloke?

Absolutely. He said there were a number of people trying to by the club and the majority of them were chancers. The only ones that Went public were Kennedy of Kennedy construction who went bust months after trying. Brian Gilmour who pissed off after being told to sort the stadium first and the Rosta-roof guy who went full breakdown and then went bust. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Absolutely. He said there were a number of people trying to by the club and the majority of them were chancers. The only ones that Went public were Kennedy of Kennedy construction who went bust months after trying. Brian Gilmour who pissed off after being told to sort the stadium first and the Rosta-roof guy who went full breakdown and then went bust. 

I'm just pleased that, if anything, David Murray didn't get his way and went to the team formerly known as Rangers instead.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ahhh, the roof guy 🙄👊 He was a crackpot 🤣 Full page A.P. Spreads, going on like an absolute Trump type tycoon! I'm pretty sure he also tried to make out he was a life long Ayr, only for Social Media to uncover his h*n side within hours! I do also believe a fan had his company house stuff posted online within hours to show the lack of funds...

Big L.C. had his downfalls, like the rest of us but he did have integrity and I believe a genuine care for AUFC. It's great to see Smith turn out to be the right man to go forward ⚫⚪

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd take Somerset every day over these Lego type stadiums. Saying that it's very uninspiring along the back of Somerset Road. What ever happend to the mural thing Mathie talked about in the video? There's a few other things I'd like to see upgraded as well as the place does look shabby in parts 

Mathie seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth since Bullen left tbh. 

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I would think so but Saturdays was shocking so god knows if it'll be up to anything.

Yeah I’ve only bought it a few times but been really unimpressed. Hoping the new standing opening will improve things

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Mathie seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth since Bullen left tbh. 

Yup!! Hopefully taken note of the management waffle comments and is away working on that and all the other things he's been promising, that he really needs to start delivering on. 

41 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Oh, without a doubt there's plenty of dilapidation but as have seen, money is now getting spent. For myself, even something as simple as the toilets being pulled down and modern worksite type units installed makes a massive difference to the match day experience. I don't know how good murals would look, okay initially they would be mint but 5-10 years down the line? 

I'd hope a yearly power wash would keep them in decent condition. Our "neighbours" up the road have had theirs for a fair few seasons now and it still looked decent when I was there last season for our reserve game. 

Aye, I'd love to see us to do something with the wall on the Somerset Road End, would be good to bring a bit of colour to it.

Have we heard anything about the proposed development at the corner of the Railway end, the new gym and offices there? Seems to recall it was reliant on us receiving an SFA grant.

Edited by AUcal

2 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Aye, I'd love to see us to do something with the wall on the Somerset Road End, would be good to bring a bit of colour to it.

Have we heard anything about the proposed development at the corner of the Railway end, the new gym and offices there? Seems to recall it was reliant on us receiving an SFA grant.

The grant was denied.

5 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Probably something that is in the long term basket, next Q&A it would be good to have raised. As, fair play to Mathie, it did seem like he answered pretty much every question they received. 

I'm sure Smith has said sprucing up the Somerset Road side of the ground, mural etc was on his to do list but he was prioritising the projects. I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually.

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What ever happend to the mural thing Mathie talked about in the video?

Having not been there for a while, is the boundary wall not currently incomplete due to the new turnstiles?

It wouldn't take much to upgrade it from its present "Barlinnie as it was in 1882" state and you have to imagine that the owner has at least some interest in external optics as well as how it looks from the inside.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

The senior management Q&As were there to distract from the narcolepsy-inducing football of the era. Less need for the board to continually appear in front of fans when the fans aren't asking so often for them to be sacked.