The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

To be honest I'm actually looking up the table and not down it. 

Big part of me would like to see us make ourselves safe within a few weeks of now then coast in mid table obscurity till the summer. 

We're nowhere near good enough to up and i'd maybe rather not have the delay to the planning for next season that the playoffs would require.

But in this league, a couple more wins and we are in the playoffs picture. No such thing as mid table obscurity. I'll be looking over our shoulder until we get 8/9 points more on the board.

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

To be honest I'm actually looking up the table and not down it. 

To even be in with a potential shout at the playoffs after the first half of the season is a miracle. Couldn't see myself thinking of anything except relief if the team finished eighth still.

Mid table obscurity will do me fine, Brown will overhaul this squad in the summer so playing in some pointless playoffs set up for the premiership team to have the best possible chance of survival can do one this season if it gives him more time to prepare.

Aye, Brown has been exactly what we were needing. Job isn't done yet but we're 12 points clear of Arbroath. When Bullen finally went we'd just drawn with them twice. I'm feeling more positive than I have in a long time.

To get a result with that makeshift starting 11 is pretty awesome. I genuinely feared the worse.

Potentially why Raith have done so well this season. Nothing to play for for 2-3 games of last season gave them time to get their shit together for this season.

I’d settle for safety with 3-4 games to go, if we could get that time to get in there with potential new signings 

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'd actually hate to finish 4th... We do not need the stress! 5th would be lovely but safety in the Championship as soon as possible is my only wish really. 

I want safety early to allow us to get players signed up for next season. 
 I’d take the playoffs and hope we’d win them but we are miles away from being a premier league ready team. 

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'd actually hate to finish 4th... We do not need the stress!

There's no stress. Last season it was a case of having been at the top of the league with the best player in the league and nearly thrown it all away, and thus a chance of redemption. This time it's just free money with the potential of an exciting gubbing in Dingwall to cap it off. And a severely dimished chance of the world's baldest impromptu karaoke in the Hub afterwards.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

There's no stress. Last season it was a case of having been at the top of the league with the best player in the league and nearly thrown it all away, and thus a chance of redemption. This time it's just free money with the potential of an exciting gubbing in Dingwall to cap it off. And a severely dimished chance of the world's baldest impromptu karaoke in the Hub afterwards.

Disagree but I understand your point bud. The stress comes from our terrible recruitment the past few years... We need to get ready for next season as early as possible to let us build and move forward imo. 

I reckon that’s the first time in over a year I’ve actually enjoyed a game at Somerset!  My heart sank a bit when I saw the team sheet as it looked pretty rank on paper, but who knew Kurt Willoughby was a goal machine…

Have to assume Chalmers was injured - as poor as he’s been recently, he’s surely still worth a place on the bench.

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

The stress comes from our terrible recruitment the past few years

Scott Brown doesn't really strike me as the type to unceremoniously f**k off for three weeks in Torremolinos with his phone left at home as soon as the table is called, which would position him distinctly differently from the last four managers.

Players should be getting looked at and brought into PCAs as the season draws to a close. The notion that playoffs somehow completely prevent a club with 100+ staff from carrying out any of its usual post-season activities is nonsensical.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder who Brown will start as CF on Saturday though....

I would be going with Dowds deeper in the McKenzie role with Willoughby in front - I think. Both put in a power of work so you don’t lose that, but get far more of a goal threat into the side. 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

It is a knock 

How’s Paddy?

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Scott Brown doesn't really strike me as the type to unceremoniously f**k off for three weeks in Torremolinos with his phone left at home as soon as the table is called, which would position him distinctly differently from the last four managers.

Players should be getting looked at and brought into PCAs as the season draws to a close. The notion that playoffs somehow completely prevent a club with 100+ staff from carrying out any of its usual post-season activities is nonsensical.

It's exactly what's happened for more years than not this century... I don't understand why you can call this opinion nonsensical but there ye go.... Just because you have X+y-2X amount of staff also doesn't mean things can move forward. This season is about survival and at the moment there's still a very real chance we could be in relegation play off as much as promotion play off, although given Mortons form, I doubt they're giving up 4th.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

True but your not going to target the same players for a champions promotion push than a premiership relegation dog fight that potential 4 weeks of uncertainty could mean losing players to the teams your going to be competing against.