The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder if that was to do with the post the club put on last year about messages being sent to players/staff? Or if that was some other weirdo 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Wonder if that was to do with the post the club put on last year about messages being sent to players/staff? Or if that was some other weirdo 

Good call. We just assumed it was fan related toward the players at the time I'm sure.

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think that’s a basis for saying he is done though! We wont have any idea until he is back training and playing really.

I'd love to see him back but coming back after doing your ACL twice is going to be tough. I don't think he came back the same player last time he was out so I've not got high hopes this time. Time will tell I guess.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Remember seeing the guy tweet on random Ayr stuff a couple of years ago presumably in relation to this. No idea about the case but didn't exactly come off well as tweets made him look like a weirdo.

22 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I'd love to see him back but coming back after doing your ACL twice is going to be tough. I don't think he came back the same player last time he was out so I've not got high hopes this time. Time will tell I guess.

It definitely will be, but fingers crossed he can. 

I do think the extent of him not returning to his previous self after his first injury is overstated though - particularly as when be returned he has only played under clueless managers. 

49 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyone heard that from July you have to buy a permit off the Council for £50 a year if you want the brown bin emptied from now on?

Yep,frozen the council tax,but made up for it by the 50 quid charge for brown bins

42 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I saw this earlier in the week but decided not to post it because he’s not guilty of anything yet and there is no point highlighting something that could reflect badly on the Academy unnecessarily. 

On The face of it, the guy is 60 and if he was romantically involved at one point or just pestering one of the players within the realms of the law,, it’s not ideal behaviour. 

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It definitely will be, but fingers crossed he can. 

I do think the extent of him not returning to his previous self after his first injury is overstated though - particularly as when be returned he has only played under clueless managers. 

This is true, maybe the same could be said for Paddy. Hopefully Brown can squeeze a bit more out a few of them.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyone heard that from July you have to buy a permit off the Council for £50 a year if you want the brown bin emptied from now on?

Welcome to the council tax freeze party. In Falkirk we have been £25 a year since last year. I don't think it's gone up this year (yet!) Every Council is basically reducing services and increasing charges on anything that's not council tax.

7 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

a question open to all fans on here.............how do you think Scott Brown is doing so far? Do we feel more or less positive about the team.?

An absolute breath of fresh air and so needed! Best management singing since Brian Reid imo.

As for the team.... 'You can only piss with the cock you have' springs to mind. I'm sure we'll be safe in the championship this season so for me, I'll rate him in what he does after that (signings, team building, promoting AUFC etc)

15 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

a question open to all fans on here.............how do you think Scott Brown is doing so far? Do we feel more or less positive about the team.?

It’s been positive but far too early for a proper appraisal. Need to see how we finish the season and what he does over the summer. 

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Welcome to the council tax freeze party. In Falkirk we have been £25 a year since last year. I don't think it's gone up this year (yet!) Every Council is basically reducing services and increasing charges on anything that's not council tax.

Did they say what folk should do if they're not paying the permit fee? And what do folk actually do?