The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

a question open to all fans on here.............how do you think Scott Brown is doing so far? Do we feel more or less positive about the team.?

I feel significantly more positive. I was unashamedly Bullen out for a wee while and had really stopped enjoying home games for about a year. I love how animated Scott Brown is on the touchline. He kicks every ball and him and Whittaker aren't afraid to change things up. In terms of tactics, formations and personnel. That starting 11 under Bullen would have been thumped by Partick. Yet we won.

It's early days and trying to keep my feet on the ground but I'm enjoying it so far!

17 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

a question open to all fans on here.............how do you think Scott Brown is doing so far? Do we feel more or less positive about the team.?

Too early to make a proper judgement but I have been pretty impressed with him so far.

I'm excited to see the team he builds for next season. 

20 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

He's won every game we realistically expected to win and only lost by a goal to the top two teams in the league and we probably should have taken 2 if not 4 points from those performances, you can tell his standards are high and he expects the club and the players to try and meet those standards, excited to see where it goes from here.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Did they say what folk should do if they're not paying the permit fee? And what do folk actually do?

My neighbour doesn't have one. He uses my garden waste bin. He does ask me first, mind.

Other than that you can book a slot at the tip and take it there. If you are lucky enough to be around with the reduced opening times.

Our binmen are pedants as well, any attempt to put stuff in the wrong bin and they leave the whole bin unemptied. I suppose that's if you are daft and leave the mix at the top. As long as its buried deep they wouldn't know.

1 hour ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Yep,frozen the council tax,but made up for it by the 50 quid charge for brown bins

Started 4 years ago in Perth&Kinross not sure what it will cost this year, last year it was £40

10 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

a wee tip ............sorry for the pun!! put your garden refuse in a black bag in green bin .......... sorted..

Let's not get started on different coloured bins! 

I think the thing that’s most evident so far under Brown is that you can see some form of game plan and understand that there’s an actual idea of how to win the game. The back four sit far narrower off the ball which has its own pros and cons. We try and use the ball on the ground but weren’t afraid to go more direct on Tuesday with the wind behind us and ultimately scored two goals from a long ball. Players also look like they have specific instructions. Syla being someone who’s clearly been told to come deeper to receive the ball, Murphy sits narrower to give us an extra man etc. It never felt like that under Bullen and that was ultimately his downfall. We also play at a far higher intensity with more of a physical edge under Brown. Not in a dirty way but we’re less likely to be bullied. 

It could still go very wrong for Brown this season or next but the initial signs are promising. As I said a lot will come down to how we get on over the summer. 

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The streets will never forget.

ByLDlT7CQAAacqX.jpg.222afb7d5308b0ad2a21e4787d4f6720.jpg

I missed that game as well. 

Edit - Is there a McGinty picture with him booting f**k out of the baw?

Edited by Trogdor