The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 02/03/2024 at 14:30, Richey Edwards said:

That lineup is a war crime.

Scott Brown is a football terrorist.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, I said that last time and we won.

Our fallen soldier Richey Edwards managed to get me a message from the concentration camp that Div is keeping him in.  

20240303_172822.jpg

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip, I'm guessing it's been many a long day since they both got beat domestically in the same weekend! Good to see teams give them a comupance. Lead by Sir Lawrence 🤩

Always satisfying when the Bigot Brothers get humped…

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Our fallen soldier Richey Edwards managed to get me a message from the concentration camp that Div is keeping him in.  

20240303_172822.jpg

FREE THE SOMERSET ONE!

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I see the goodwill to “Broony” looks like it will be ending even quicker than it did for Bullen or Mathie.

Love to see it.

5cd0746141908_giphy(2).gif.06c6a115849f284fdfdacdeaebfed086.gif

Yesterday was a worryingly inept performance, as bad as anything we seen under Bullen. Flash score has us as having three shots on target however I genuinely can’t remember any. That being said that’s probably the first time since Brown came in that we’ve lost a game we would of been expecting to win.  So it’s not quite panic stations yesterday. The bottom of the league is really tightening up and we just need to hope we can limp to survival and get the majority of this lot out the door. 

It would be good to know what is going on. Albinson being dropped is not because he shipped two against Dundee United surely. Bullen dropped him for Mutch and Mutch was marginally worse, so Albinson came back in. Brown was pretty quick to drop him again and he's clearly not getting a second chance with him. He said Clarke was brought in as competition but was flung in hours after signing.

Chalmers has been a shadow of his former self and is being dropped in favour of Bryden, Amartey is almost completely out the picture. I am wondering if it is players who have said they wont be here next season have just been almost cut adrift to focus on players that want to stay. 

If it is, its a pretty naïve approach, if these guys are trying to win moves, they will perform and that should help us in the short term. 

Not convinced Chalmers has been dropped. He missed one game with an injury and was back on the bench this week. That's fairly standard. If he doesn't start the next game that's when it becomes an issue.

3 hours ago, Iain said:

Not convinced Chalmers has been dropped. He missed one game with an injury and was back on the bench this week. That's fairly standard. If he doesn't start the next game that's when it becomes an issue.

Yeah - he was dropped for Bryden for the Airdrie game so as long as it doesn’t happen again and becomes a pattern - as you say I don’t think the recent games count. 

The concerning issue from Saturday is tha Dunfermline are just as bad as us and we never left a glove on them,that was as bad as anything under Bullen . What ever Albison has done,we need to play him,Clarke is conceding too many soft goals,always rooted to his line and been coached by the centre halfs.

12 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

The concerning issue from Saturday is tha Dunfermline are just as bad as us and we never left a glove on them,that was as bad as anything under Bullen . What ever Albison has done,we need to play him,Clarke is conceding too many soft goals,always rooted to his line and been coached by the centre halfs.

Clarke is also not a shouter, he needs to be keeping his defence right and letting them know who is behind them. 
There obviously wasn’t much he could do about Kanes goal, McGinty saw Kane and turned back to play it to the keeper when he should have just launched it. 

Up until the Dunfermline game results had been decent, 4 wins in 6 games with the 2 loses coming against the top 2 teams, however the Dunfermline result and performance brings the new manager bounce back to earth.

The form of all the teams over the last 5 games is pretty mental, with the exception of Partick, 8 points is the most and 5 the worst the 3 points covering 9 teams. The week before we were one of the top teams with 9 points so each game has a huge shift.

Team League Poistion Last 5 Points
Dundee Utd 1 7
Raith 2 7
Partick 3 3
Morten 4 8
Dunfermline 5 8
Airdrie 6 5
Ayr Utd 7 6
Queens Park 8 8
ICT 9 6
Arbroath 10 5

Next 3 games are season defining, win all 3 and we are a minimum of 5 points above ICT, 4 above QP and 3 above Airdrie - lose all 3 and were in the relegation play off.

2 hours ago, AllySloan said:

Anyone think this could be our lineup for ICT?

Screenshot_20240304-163511.png

I think we’ll see a 3/5 at the back tbh. Going by Browns comments I think McGinty will be dropped. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we’ll see a 3/5 at the back tbh. Going by Browns comments I think McGinty will be dropped. 

I just can’t see how we have the players to play that tbh. 

I don’t think he’ll drop McGinty, ultimately Sanders has made individual errors too and we looked far more solid with Stanger next to McGinty. 

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I just can’t see how we have the players to play that tbh. 

I don’t think he’ll drop McGinty, ultimately Sanders has made individual errors too and we looked far more solid with Stanger next to McGinty. 

Me either but I think at a push he tries Tomlinson and Murphy as wing backs.