The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Main thing is over the next few weeks and months is winning our home games.  If we can pick something up at Inverness etc that will be a bonus, but 3 very winnable games v Queens Park, Airdrie and Arbroath with Morton in there as well who seem to be hitting some form of minor slump.  Get the points from they games and things don't seem as bad.  Easier said than done.  Brown needs to find a way of getting the best out of Chalmers from now until May as well.  Think the break this week may be just what we need.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Main thing is over the next few weeks and months is winning our home games.  If we can pick something up at Inverness etc that will be a bonus, but 3 very winnable games v Queens Park, Airdrie and Arbroath with Morton in there as well who seem to be hitting some form of minor slump.  Get the points from they games and things don't seem as bad.  Easier said than done.  Brown needs to find a way of getting the best out of Chalmers from now until May as well.  Think the break this week may be just what we need.

Just got a feeling Logan has signed a pre with one of our rivals ...

2 hours ago, Only me... said:

If we do end up in relegation playoffs, letting Rose go to Hamilton on loan could be the best business we've done all year.  I do think we will muster a few wins together now though and push on.

How?

Knowing us we've probably not put a clause in saying he can't play against us because we wouldn't be expecting to play them

17 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

How?

Knowing us we've probably not put a clause in saying he can't play against us because we wouldn't be expecting to play them

We don’t have to put a clause in. He can’t play regardless. 

I’ll be absolutely shocked if we actually finish 9th though. As said above if we win those three home games against Airdrie, Queens Park and Arbroath then we’ll be fine. I’d be expecting 7 points at the very least there. 

If we don't pick up a good chunk of points this month then it's squeaky bum time with the fixtures we have next month.

And I can't see us picking up anything from Morton even if they have dipped. Pretty sure they were on rancid form one of the times we've already played them this season, much worse form than they're in now.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If we don't pick up a good chunk of points this month then it's squeaky bum time with the fixtures we have next month.

And I can't see us picking up anything from Morton even if they have dipped. Pretty sure they were on rancid form one of the times we've already played them this season, much worse form than they're in now.

I'm sure at one point they'd beaten us twice and the rest of the league combined just once

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Pretty sure they were on rancid form one of the times we've already played them this season, much worse form than they're in now.

Yes they got their first win of the season against us at Somerset

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Did Kevin Twaddle actually play for Ayr? 🤔

Only for 57 minutes in a 0-0 draw at home to Ross County. After going back to his parent club Motherwell he went to Hearts.

2 hours ago, Iain said:

I'm sure at one point they'd beaten us twice and the rest of the league combined just once

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Yes they got their first win of the season against us at Somerset

Earlier on in the season they had only won two league games. Both came against ourselves. 

52 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Earlier on in the season they had only won two league games. Both came against ourselves. 

Those games summed up the Bullen era. Just simply bullied us off the park.

We've still got a team of nice guys who don't like putting the boot in. Hope Brown can find someone a bit like himself to toughen us up in the middle of the pitch.

Just looking back at the squad we had in 17/18 in League One.

Boyle, Gilmour, Rose, Geggan, Moffat, Crawford, Moore, Forrest, McDaid, Adams, Shankland, Docherty, McCowan, Bell and Kerr to name a few.

Just about every one of them would walk into our team now. 

8 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Boyle, Gilmour, Rose, Geggan, Moffat, Crawford, Moore, Forrest, McDaid, Adams, Shankland, Docherty, McCowan, Bell and Kerr to name a few.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

18 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

They wouldn't be a million miles away from actually walking this league to be honest.

20 hours ago, Rb123 said:

How?

It's league rules, can't play against parent team, match fixing and all that. Cups have different rules for some reason. Therfore, main goal threat removed, although our keeper(s) will probably throw a ball or two in the net.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Somerset Park was the first stadium in the UK to host a women’s Champions League match. I’ve fallen into a Wikipedia rabbit hole

That’s a brilliant fact, how did I never know that? 

Finished that European campaign undefeated as well with three draws but didn’t do enough to go through from the groups. 

Edit: Just checked and according to Wikipedia it isn’t exactly true although not far off. Toulouse played Lehenda Checksil on the same day at Dam Park however it was played a mere seven hours before the game at Somerset. All the games in that group were played in Ayr at either Somerset or Dam Park due to a chemical factory explosion in Toulouse where the games were initially due to be played. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

3 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Getting tickets for Scotland games is absolutely cunty. The SFA are clueless.

Home end heroes for the game in Amsterdam it is then.

I got my Amsterdam ticket in under 3 minutes ( that’s including queuing time )